Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: liberal states

(Wayne County)

Default liberal states

Why is it we do business with companies like Savage and S&W in Massachusetts with a governor who is antigun? How about Governor Coumo and his push to confiscate all assault weapons but Remington stays in Illion NY? Weatherby in Kalifornia. Nosler in Oregon. Berretta in Maryland. Why do we leave our money in states that want to cut our throats by buying their products from the manufacturers who in turn contribute to the economy of those states.
    I was looking for a new 6.5 and the only place where I can see to spend my money is with Winchester in SC if I'm wrong about Winchester please set me straight. I'm not a great writer so I hope you get the jest. I refuse to do business with any company that contributes one thin dime to the antigun states economy.

(Berks County)

Default Re: liberal states

I understand your point. However, regardless of the wackos that are in control of said states, I would think the employees are not on board with the anti's stance.

It is their bread and butter. Unfortunately money spent for the products does help the states coffers.

Typical Catch 22.

I don't think boycotting is the answer in this situation. Think of it as supporting a "last stronghold in hostile territory" if you must...

Rest assured though, if we all boycott them for something like this and they go out of business... that is FAR worse for "us" than simply kicking in a few bucks to the state's taxes.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Qtrborecrazy View Post
    Why is it we do business with companies like Savage and S&W in Massachusetts with a governor who is antigun? How about Governor Coumo and his push to confiscate all assault weapons but Remington stays in Illion NY? Weatherby in Kalifornia. Nosler in Oregon. Berretta in Maryland. Why do we leave our money in states that want to cut our throats by buying their products from the manufacturers who in turn contribute to the economy of those states.
    I was looking for a new 6.5 and the only place where I can see to spend my money is with Winchester in SC if I'm wrong about Winchester please set me straight. I'm not a great writer so I hope you get the jest. I refuse to do business with any company that contributes one thin dime to the antigun states economy.
    I have to agree with you. I see one post says its not the employees and they will suffer. While this is true it and hurts them as also it would be nice to force their employees hand as well. The "well I have a job still attitude and dont want to rock the boat" is the same type of stance alot of gun owners take who may not have a so called "assault weapon" and figure "well that dont affect me". We need to figure out something because what we Americans is the greed here. Hit them where it hurts in the pockets and you willl at least get these states to pay attention. Take away the industry from the state, causes unemployment, lack of revenue, great tax burden on the state residents and loss of services due to lack of funds. Now I know this would be worse case scenarios but they will pay attention.
    Last edited by harty; January 15th, 2013 at 02:21 PM.
    http://forum.pafoa.org/feedback-109/193181-harty.html

Common Sense isnt that common among people

(Wayne County)

Its not my intent to put them out of business I would just like them to move to gun friendly states. As far as employees go I sure that there are some that voted for Obama and some that voted for Romney. I can point to the owner of Cooper Firearms that backed Obama when it comes to bread and butter. What was his problem? He is no longer the owner but Cooper is still there in Montana making great guns. I cancelled a bear hunt in Maine because they voted strong for Obama. I'll pay the extra 1600.00 to go to Idaho and leave my money with people who believe in liberty. I'm not going to let my money cut my own throat.
    The people running and working at these companies chose to stay, I choose to spend elsewhere. By the way I called them all with my views and Savage was down right RUDE. They what you to believe they are all american but check out where their rim fire rifles are made CANADA.

(Wayne County)

News flash we live in a libtard state. Gun friendly for now but majority vote for anti gun politicians. Not soon to get any better with the influx of people from our surrounding anti states.