Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    (Berks County)

Default Re: Bob Casey assault weapons Ban

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. J View Post
    A quote from my repsonse to Senator Casey on this point:

"As I am sure you understand, the 2nd amendment has nothing to do with hunting, sporting or recreational use of firearms. The 2nd amendment was plainly intended to recognize the right of free people to possess arms comparable to those of its government. The "military-style" weapons you seek to ban are precisely the weapons the 2nd amendment sought to keep in the hands of free citizens."

We need to stand together on that point, even if you don't have a so-called "military-style" rifle.
    *Correct, this is in effect a ban on Semi Automatic weapons* NY which does not have an article 21 such as ours had all the locals fall into a new gun ban...which also now prohibitis having more then 7 bullets IN ANY GUN! ;-)
    To try and fail is better for the soul then throwing up the hands and giving up.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by gwohsau View Post
    Folks for those who don't know it appears Sen. Bob casey has changed position and through his office released a statement that he is behind president Obama reinstating the assault weapons ban as well as magaine restrictions.

Please pass it on!
    All I got to say is .... Duh...that is why I didn't vote for him.

He is just like his liberal "No Death Penalty for murders because I might need order some state troopers to murder someone for my organ transplant" father.

http://www.nytimes.com/1993/06/16/us...ransplant.html
    Last edited by theyoungone; January 15th, 2013 at 03:07 PM.

(Franklin County)

Can'tunderstand why PA continues to elect these rubber (flexible) senators. We should have learned from Arlen Specter... these guys can't be believed or expected not to do a 180 degree flip on any issue if they think its beneficial to them personally.

Of course, that's true of all professional pols - not just the ones elected from PA.

I'm willing to bet Casey will fold like a paper hat if he feels enough pressure.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Posit View Post
    Can'tunderstand why PA continues to elect these rubber (flexible) senators. We should have learned from Arlen Specter... these guys can't be believed or expected not to do a 180 degree flip on any issue if they think its beneficial to them personally.

Of course, that's true of all professional pols - not just the ones elected from PA.
    Mr. Casey was gun control from the get go. So was his late Father, who proposed an "Assault Weapon" ban that included.... Derringers as "assault weapons".

Quote Originally Posted by Posit View Post
    I'm willing to bet Casey will fold like a paper hat if he feels enough pressure.
    I'd be happy to help apply the pressure..... like little drops of water or beads of liquid wax, we shape the man's attitudes.

(Indiana County)

If Casey doesn't support the state constitution then he should resign or be removed as senator and another election held IMVHO. Trying to do something is better then nothing and if your on the computer... email isn't that expensive and it's cheaper then felony charges of trying to poor tar and feathers over the senator, let alone trying to get him to hold still! :-)
    Casey had a lot of NRA support in the past and a lot of Dem. votes that also support the right to bear arms.

In talking to my local Rep on the state level he has expressed and extreme regard for these Rights. As well as doubts about the state enforcing any such ban. In fact he recalled cautioning some colleagues in the state house on trying to get on this bandwagon for the constitution goes beyond the Federal one in it's use of "Questioned" as opposed to "Infringed."

Section 21 . Right to Bear Arms
    The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned.

Section 25. Reservation of Powers in People
    To guard against transgressions of the high powers which we have delegated, we declare that everything in this article is excepted out of the general powers of government and shall forever remain inviolate.
    I planned on emailing him Section 25 tomorrow

And you are correct, I have heard before that the wording of PA Section 21 differs quite a bit from the US 2nd. There is a big difference between infringed and questioned.
    Add Section 25 where the word forever is used and you'd think those idiots in Harrisburg would get it.

(Pike County)

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. J View Post
    A quote from my repsonse to Senator Casey on this point:

"As I am sure you understand, the 2nd amendment has nothing to do with hunting, sporting or recreational use of firearms. The 2nd amendment was plainly intended to recognize the right of free people to possess arms comparable to those of its government. The "military-style" weapons you seek to ban are precisely the weapons the 2nd amendment sought to keep in the hands of free citizens."

We need to stand together on that point, even if you don't have a so-called "military-style" rifle.
    I passed on that fact to him via Fax and E-Mail, I am still waiting for a response....

(Berks County)

I have written old bobby as well and will post any response I recieve....

"The power of the sword, say the minority of Pennsylvania, is in the hands of Congress. My friends and countrymen, it is not so, for THE POWERS OF THE SWORD ARE IN THE HANDS OF THE YEOMANRY OF AMERICA FROM SIXTEEN TO SIXTY. The militia of these free commonwealths, entitled and accustomed to their arms, when compared with any possible army, must be tremendous and irresistible. Who are the militia? are they not ourselves. Is it feared, then, that we shall turn our arms each man against his own bosom. Congress have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birthright of an American. What clause in the state or federal constitution hath given away that important right.... T he unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the foederal or state governments, but where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people." Tenche Cox

It is better to fall for something, then to stand for nothing!
    Tom

(Chester County)

I'm a new Pennsylvanian. How hard would it be to do a recall of Casey, and does Pa even have such a provision?

(Northampton County)

Folks for those who don't know it appears Sen. Bob casey has changed position and through his office released a statement that he is behind president Obama reinstating the assault weapons ban as well as magaine restrictions.

Please pass it on!

I do hope that this didn't surprise you.
    I just like to pop in every now and then to see what nancyinpa has for sale.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123