Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 19 of 44 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Default Re: Cabela's nixes support to PA Outdoor Show.

Quote Originally Posted by newman attack View Post
    Can I give rep to Cabelas?

Posted from Pafoa.org App for Android
    I dont think you can but give it to me and I will be sure to see that they get it Way to go Cabelas!!!
    http://forum.pafoa.org/feedback-109/193181-harty.html

Common Sense isnt that common among people

Looks like I will be placing a few online orders to support them. I know people bitch about them but they are a big enough chain $$$ wise to make a dent in the show.

(Lackawanna County)

Wow! props to cabelas

(Lancaster County)

I've always liked Cabela's, even when I only ordered through the catalogs. Admittedly, though, it really surprised me (pleasantly!) that they made this decision.

People might not know who some of the smaller vendors are who have backed out, but when they hear about Cabela's decision, they will take notice.

(Berks County)

Default Re: No Tactical Weapons Allowed At Harrisburg Sport Show

Merging a bunch of these reads regarding the Harrisburg NSSF show.
    "Political Correctness is just tyranny with manners"
    -Charlton Heston

"[The Constitution preserves] the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation...(where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."
    -James Madison, Federalist Papers, No. 46.

"America does not go abroad in search of monsters to destroy." [sic]
    -John Quincy Adams

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Μολών λαβέ!
    -King Leonidas

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    That is going to hurt them.

Someone recently mentioned that this is probably going to hit them in the pocketbook, and it should. But this many companies pulling out could have long lasting effects on them as a corporation. Many of these promotion companies are relying upon the funds from this show to help fund next year's show. If they don't make enough rates will go up significantly next year.

Don't be surprised if next year, price for admission, food vendors and regular companies to rent display space go up a lot.
    That would have been me................but i guess when you "I" only have 109 posts in 5 years I just don't matter

Thumbs up Re: Anyone else boycotting the Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show?

Quote Originally Posted by cmcgowan View Post
    I sent them an email stating I won't be attending the show or any future shows until the sponsor changes. Instead I'll donate the entry fee and the parking fee to the NRA.

I have a different thought on that one.

Seeing as how the NRA has yet to ' pull out ', I'm going to spend money with those who have the stones to do it >>>> especially Cabelas !

Imagine when Ed Severel's boss got the news that a Major Sponsor the size and notoriety of Cabelas was ' pulling out ' ..... he's the new Andy Reid in my bet !

My usual trip to Harrisburg on the 1st Saturday of the show will now be a trip to Cabelas .... lets put our support behind those who support our sport(s) !
    " For the left, Freedom IS a Fringe Idea "

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by birdhunter317 View Post
    That would have been me................but i guess when you "I" only have 109 posts in 5 years I just don't matter
    It wasn't that you don't matter, it was that I just didn't have the time to scroll back and see who it was. Been kind of busy this afternoon.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Bucks County)

Statement on Reed Exhibitions’ Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show

January 18, 2013 By nssfnews Comments Off

The National Shooting Sports Foundation strongly disagrees with the decision of the Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show’s management to disallow the display and sale of Modern Sporting Rifles at its 2013 exhibition. In our discussions with Reed Exhibitions, we have made this very clear.

While assuring us that all legally available firearms will be welcome at future Eastern Sports and Outdoor Shows, it was explained that this unfortunate decision was made in response to the planned actions of a single retailer that would have drawn significant unwelcomed media coverage at a time when firearms ownership is being assailed in the media. It is important to note that this year’s show will continue to feature a wide variety of firearms.
    However, it would be unfair to penalize the 1,200 exhibitors or the some 200,000 sportsmen and women who will attend the show by discouraging participation at a time when the hunting and shooting sports community needs to be united in the face of political challenges.

We urge industry exhibitors and attendees to participate in the Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show as planned and encourage attendees to visit the Reed Exhibitions booth at the show to share their concerns and to then enjoy the show.
    http://www.nssfblog.com/statement-on...-outdoor-show/

Anyone know what they are talking about? Is a vendor planning on making a scene?
    Politicians who fear the people seek to disarm them.

People who fear their government's intentions refuse to be disarmed.

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Props to PAFOA from The Truth About Guns. Apparently, they've lost lots more than just Cabelas.

TTAG reader Thomas Paine emailed us a heads-up from pagunblog.com: following Reed Exhibitions decisiojn to ban “tactical rifles” from the Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show in Harris, PA, Cabela’s has withdrawn from the event. “After careful consideration regarding Cabela’s business practices, and the feelings of our customers,” the company’s Facebook page states, “Cabela’s will, unfortunately, not have a presence at the Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show.” So far 8500 likes. Also out: Nature Blinds, Cutting Edge Bullets, Lancaster Archery Supply, Atlantic Tactical, Boondock Outdoors, Whitetail Bosses, Trop Gun Shop, Dead Ringer Hunting, Domari Nolo Defense Consulting, Kinsey’s Outdoors, Direct Action Tactical and Hunters and Guides Connection. Major props to pafoa.org for putting the screws to the anti-2a UK-based exhibitions giant.

Page 19 of 44 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast