Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 9 of 44 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
    (Monroe County)

Default Re: No Tactical Weapons Allowed At Harrisburg Sport Show

E-mails sent and will make the calls as soon as I can.

(Dauphin County)

This is a real shame. I have been going every year since I moved up here. Looks like everyone is bowing down to the pressure.
    Kick them in the nuts ........ or vajajay...--Mitch10mm

(Franklin County)

Here is another avenue to let your displeasure be known:

https://v2.interactiveticketing.com/...2#helpquestion

This is the questions form on the ticket purchase page - de-order your ticket(s) purchases and let them know not to count on you attending.

This one will use up staff time as they will at least read the email as it deals with ticket questions and sales.
    Is your position a short term gain - or a long term loss?

(Franklin County)

Full text of the now removed November 2012 press release on the "new Tactical Gun & Accessories Section".

(For those wondering where the word tactical came from... )

Link to the press release has been removed (Late Monday). However, at least one outdoor writer featured the new section in his article last Sunday.

ALL NEW FOR 2013

The Eastern Sports & Outdoor Show Features More New Products, More Gun Manufacturers, And Improves Ways To Visit The Show

HARRISBURG, PA — Everything you love about the Eastern Sports & Outdoor Show plus hundreds of new exhibitors, features and celebrities makes the 58th edition the can't miss event of the year. The 2013 Eastern Sports & Outdoor Show takes place February 2-10, 2013 at the State Farm Show Complex, Harrisburg, PA.

More than 200 new exhibitors showcasing guns, archery, fishing, and boating, along with many new products, show specials and a new Tactical Gun & Accessories Section highlight this year's event. In addition, the Show has made it easier to navigate the Show floor with color-coded halls, an on-line pre-show mapping program, and an easy to use mobile app.

Returning by popular demand will be the "Sportsman's Shop Gun Alley" featuring more gun manufacturers, gun representatives and gun retailers than ever before– such as Ruger, Thompson/Center Arms, Benelli, Stoeger, Smith & Wesson and new exhibitors Cross Canyon Arms and LHR Sporting Arms.

"We are excited to welcome Ruger, Cross Country Arms and LHR Sporting Arms. LHR will be unveiling their very first rifle," said Chris O'Hara, Event Director for the Eastern Sports & Outdoor Show. O'Hara also notes that there will be a NEW "Tactical Gun and Accessory" section added to the Wild West Hall.

O'Hara says that the 2013 Eastern Sports & Outdoor Show will feature the latest and greatest in hunting and fishing equipment and techniques.

"With two Archery Halls, a full fishing and boating hall, plus hundreds of guides and outfitters, we are working hard to find new exhibitors that can bring new products and excitement to the Eastern Sports & Outdoor Show. We'll also be bringing in more celebrities and experts to offer their latest tips and techniques. If you want to know what's new for the coming season, you cannot afford to miss this Show!" said O'Hara.

The Eastern Sports & Outdoor Show is home to a variety of calling and other outdoors type contests, which claim entries from contestants all over the USA and beyond. Contests include:

•22nd Annual Northeastern States Elk Calling Contest (Youth & Adult Division)
    •Owl Hooting
    •Turkey Calling: Youth Division
    •NEW Turkey Calling: Youth Intermediate Division
    •Turkey Calling: Amateur Adult Division
    •Turkey Calling: Professional Open Division
    •Turkey Calling: Professional Friction Division
    •The Pennsylvania Fly Tying Championship
    •2013 PA 3D Bowhunters Challenge & Keystone IBO Indoor Nationals
    •SRWA Gunning Decoy Contest
    •Taxidermy Competition
    •Photography Contest
    For more contest information including dates, times, and registration information, log onto www.easternsportshow.com.

(Franklin County)

Posted late morning on their show page:

Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show-UpdateThe Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show is a unique celebration of the authentic hunting and fishing traditions that are cherished by millions of Americans and their families. We are proud to celebrate these pastimes by featuring 1,200 exhibitors offering a diverse range of products from outfitters to fishing boats and RVs, from archery to art and from clothes to cabins.

As a hunting-focused event, we welcome exhibitors who wish to showcase products and firearms that serve the traditional needs of the sport. Clearly, we strongly support the 2nd Amendment. However, this year we have made the decision not to include certain products that in the current climate may attract negative attention that would distract from the strong focus on hunting and fishing at this family-oriented event and possibly disrupt the broader positive experience of our guests.

ESS is proud to participate in the preservation and promotion of the rich hunting and fishing tradition passed from generation to generation by American families.

http://www.easternsportshow.com/

(Franklin County)

PA articles on the ban:

http://fox43.com/2013/01/16/harrisbu...tical-weapons/

http://lancasteronline.com/article/l...orts-show.html

//////

Several said the decision covers "just this year. Take a break for a year."

He noted that the discussion that led to the decision was internal to the Reed organization and "was not driven by any external groups."

http://blog.pennlive.com/pa-sportsma..._river_default

The End of Josiah's Railroad, Pennsylvania
    (Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by nater99 View Post
    I'd like to know what happens to retailers who signed up for the show with the understanding they would be allowed to market these items? Will they get a refund if they no longer wish to participate?
    I'm no lawyer, but they should they signed a contract to attend a certain event. If the event is substantially changed, they are no longer able to receive the consideration they agreed to, breaking the contract.

A good lawyer could probably also get damages out of it for things like displays and promotions that were purchased for the event.

I did not realize it until I read an article this morning, but this Reed company which runs the these shows is BRITISH BASED.
    The USA is now a banana republic. Only without the bananas....or the Republic.

(Wayne County)

I go every year. I ran across this thread and now I'll just save myself some money sit home and surf the web instead. I know where I'm hunting bear in the spring, deer in November and the beer is cheaper here. I don't need jerky that bad.

(Delaware County)

Will PA firearms owners be concerned and discontented enough to do more than boycott this event? Would there be a possibility for pickets? I have read about this on 6 different forums and seen the Facebook page. There are many unhappy PA sportsmen when it comes to this Reed policy change.

Page 9 of 44 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast