Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 44 of 44 FirstFirst ... 344041424344

Post No Tactical Weapons Allowed At Harrisburg Sport Show

This is an letter to the editor YDR. The writer is "blaming" the NRA for the cancellation of the show. He also says shame on the folks taking a stand.
    A bit confused?

"Outdoor show must go on"
    Letter to the Editor
    Updated: 01/28/2013 02:55:11 PM EST

http://www.ydr.com/letters/ci_22466615/outdoor-show-must-go

"Is there no venue in our area that will step up and host the Outdoor Show? Is there no venue that is beyond the NRA's political strong arm that will allow this outing to take place? The Outdoor Show is about hunting and fishing and camping and family values. Politics has no business being a part of this, and shame on the folks who are "taking a stand." One thing has nothing to do with the other."
    KERRY HOFFMAN
    WINDSOR TOWNSHIP

Post Re: No Tactical Weapons Allowed At Harrisburg Sport Show

Another letter to the editor at YDR. Attacking the NRA and calling the people who got the show canceled a bunch of gun nuts? More confusion on the writers part.

http://www.ydr.com/letters/ci_22466617/disappointed-by-loss-gun-show

Disappointed by loss of gun show
    Letter to the Editor
    Updated: 01/28/2013 02:55:14 PM EST

"Unbelievable, now the minority, by far, has gotten the Eastern Sports Show canceled. These few are a bunch of nuts. Because the producer of the show wanted no assault weapons present or sold at the show these people claimed that their Second amendment rights were being stepped on. Thus they twisted stand holders, stores and so-called celebrities to withdrawal from the event. The event producer only wanted to keep the show family friendly and to not cause any issues with what just happened in New England and the current gun debate that is going on in this country.

Now these people have deprived the area the loss of thousands of dollars. This just does not only effect the economy of Harrisburg, but York and Lancaster also. These dollars are greatly needed. These people try to make everything look like they are trying to take our guns away. They are beyond belief. I am a gun owner, have had a permit to carry for many years. I also was in the Navy and Marines. I have fired many weapons and enjoy target shooting more than hunting. I see a need here to be realistic. Most of my gun-using friends agree. They feel that they don't need to carry assault weapons or own clips that hold a lot of rounds.

We also agree that taking assault weapons and large clips will not settle the prevention issue. It may help in some cases, and if it is only one, then it worked. I used to belong to the NRA, many years ago. I, as a lot of my fellow members, grew tired of their over-the-top tactics regarding politics. So I dropped out. They do not speak for me or a lot of other hunters and gun owners. By spreading fear and anxiety they want to control our lives, and that just won't work for me."
    JOHN YOST
    WRIGHTSVILLE

(Franklin County)

Default Re: No Tactical Weapons Allowed At Harrisburg Sport Show

The yoork fairgrounds won't work. No inter-connectivity. People would have to walk between buildings. During the winter months when the show happens, no way turn out would match the FS Complex due to that alone.

The Jarvis Center was also mentioned. Problem.. Penn State is a gun free zone.

BTW, that is still someting that needs challenged here in PA. Not just at PSU but every state funded or taxpayer dollar provided university.

Link w/ court opinion:

http://www.dailycamera.com/cu-news/ci_20104581
    Is your position a short term gain - or a long term loss?

(Philadelphia County)

Id like to think the minority is actually the majority! seems to me that almost everybody disagreed with the promoters decision!

(Bucks County)

Wink Re: No Tactical Weapons Allowed At Harrisburg Sport Show

wow I have never been called the minority before...? But call me what ever ya like I will call ya a Fudd.

koz
    WHAT I DON'T SEE ANYTHING...

(Montgomery County)

How about Paoli Exibit center? They have great gunshows plenty of room and Parking out the wazoo! Also this guy http://www.ydr.com/letters/ci_224666...-loss-gun-show
    needs a Bitch slap maybe a Internet ban on him aswell Muhahahahahaha!

(Northampton County)

Most of my gun-using friends agree. They feel that they don't need to carry assault weapons or own clips that hold a lot of rounds.
    I really doubt this tool ever served in the military.

(Berks County)

I have sat back and watched the responses come and go, First I am proud and would like to thank everybody that helped put reed in there place. Second responses to the 30 round clips, Thomas Jefferson put the 2 amendment in place to protect each person from the tyranny in government, that was just not for a government overseas, but our government ladies and gentlemen. The government controls our military, if our government wants to strip you of all your rights and soldiers are at your door, would you like an even paying field. I'm sure they will no be packing 7 round clips. your best bet is just to go out of your house and stand in line with the others that were mumbling to themselves the thought this day would never come. A clip restriction is stupid, I can change out my Mag in less than 2 seconds whether I have a 7 round mag or a 100 round mag. People go into a situation with whatever ammo amount they will need. NY now the bad guy can brake in duck 7 shot rush the homeowner while he is reloading and bash his teeth in. That law will really protect people. Not just make crazy people Carry more mags. If you think I am a die hard gun nut you are wrong. March of last year my sisters boyfriend walked in on my sister giving my nice a bath and executed them both. Then smashed the dogs head in with a hammer. Do I blame the gun fuck NO I blame the freakin monster that was standing behind it. I did not matter if it was a single shot or 10000 rounds. To only takes one to strip a family of happiness. But screw me if I lower the protection for my family, by lowering my mag count.

(Lancaster County)

"A nation can survive its fools and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and he carries his banners openly against the city. But the traitor moves among those within the gates freely, his sly whispers rustling through all alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears no traitor; he speaks in the accents familiar to his victim, and he wears their face and their garments and he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation; he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of a city; he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to be feared. The traitor is the plague."
    - Marcus Tullius Cicero, Roman Orator - 106-43 B.C.
    Last edited by Heem; February 5th, 2013 at 01:44 AM.

Page 44 of 44 FirstFirst ... 344041424344