Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: LTCF Philly

(Philadelphia County)

Default LTCF Philly

Applied on 11/2/2012 it is now 1/14/2013; 73 days since I applied with two friends of mine. None of us have gotten anything in the mail; the GPU does not answer the only phone # listed for their unit (I let it ring for 30 minutes straight before I hung up)

Even if you want to go by business days (already proven to be wrong) it would be 52 days; well over the 45 day mark.

I had a friend phone in to the Lt over here and I was told it would be rushed for me; even then we haven't heard crap.

I know its the norm; but damn. I don't have time to just "show up" since their hours are the same as mine. I'd have to take a day off to go there. It'd be nice to be able to get someone on the phone.

UPDATE: Found their "automated voice message" and it says "After 45 days, not including weekends or holidays, you may come to the unit to get your permit if you have not received anything in the mail, no status checks will be done over the phone."

Now I find out they were closed from the 20th through the 3rd; so that adds another 10 days they can use in their "business day" argument....
    Last edited by phillysteve; January 14th, 2013 at 12:55 PM.

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: LTCF Philly

Their closed period does count towards the 45 days. I applied 10/31. I went down there this past Wednesday day 70 and picked up my license. I'm sure it's ready just go down. Also I still haven't received anything in the mail

(Philadelphia County)

There was a thread in another sub-forum about them now adhering to the 45 calendar days law, rather their their business-day bull crap.

Go in whenever you have the time, letter in hand or not. They have most likely approved (or denied) you but now but the part they enjoy delaying is actually sending the letters. Not sure if it's some kind of technicality ("We processed the application in time, nowhere does it say we have to mail this notice in time" kind of deal).

When they ask for the letter say you haven't gotten it but it's been more than 45 business and calendar days. They have to issue you a permit now and they now that. You'll probably hear "oh this notice was just about to go out to you"

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by jpkotor View Post
    There was a thread in another sub-forum about them now adhering to the 45 calendar days law, rather their their business-day bull crap.
    This was the post:
    http://forum.pafoa.org/concealed-ope...s-45-days.html