Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Northumberland County)

Default I wrote my legislators again!

I have written them numorous times about my standings on "gun control", so this time I decided to write something a little different. I wanted to write something that may provoke a little thought in them. It may be a little bit unbalanced, but I tend to write the same way I speak, whatever is on my mind at the time, which led to this.

I would like to know what happened to a government of the people, by the people, and for the people? This country's founding fathers would be infuriated at what is happening with this great country right now.

Our spending is out of control, and to just continue on spending without regard to the citizens of this country that will be left to clean up the mess is rediculous. My wife and I earn a comfortable living, but by no means are we close to wealthy. We must live within our means, otherwise we would end up on the street. Our children and grandchildren have little hope if things continue this way.

This country was founded to get away form a tyrannical government. The constitution was written not to give the government ultimate power, but the people the power control the government, not banks and lobbyists as is so rampant today. It should not be about which of you can round up the biggest spenders so they can get what they want, but what the people actually want and need. You all swore an oath to uphold that document when you took office. I know what the constitution means to me, and the history behind it. What does it mean to you?

I and many others like myself are growing tired of a self imploding government and want a real and meaningful change. Words are spoken too easily and with little regard to what they truly mean. So I urge you to take a few moments and consider what this country and its history actually means to you. Please prove to the American citizens that this country means something to you besides just another paycheck. Please, please lead us by example.

(Monroe County)

Default Re: I wrote my legislators again!

It is very important that they get a letter from every member in our extended families

(Northumberland County)

Default Re: I wrote my legislators again!

Actually I got the idea from a few of my cub scouts. We are talking about what makes America great and discussing the constitution and what it means. That is why I chose to leave guns out of this letter.

Tomorrow at our meeting we are going to write a group letter to our state officials. I am hoping to get our state rep to come and talk to us. He lives close by, and his office is only a few miles away. My boys are the best group, and I get to follow them all through until they grow to old to be Boy Scouts. I've got another 9 years with hopefully all my boys.