Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lancaster County)

Default What would you do? Kinda creepy

I will start this out with the fact that my name and my fathers name only differ in our middle names so we get confused for each other often when it comes to public records or credit scores.

Anyway, about 2 months ago I wrote a letter to my local newspaper about that Bob Costas incident on SNF. If you remember, not long after, the Sandy Hook incident happened.

My dad never told me about this until today...but...

Apparently somebody tracked down my parents' phone number from my letter in the newspaper and gave my dad a call (I assume this person was thinking it was me). He left a message for him that said something to the affect of, "So now you are a writer. You wrote a letter to the newspaper, now how about writing 20 more letters to the parents of the kids at Sandy Hook. You should be ashamed of yourself!" My dad said that it was rather threatening in the tone. My parents do not even own any guns and my mom is wishy washy on the topic while my dad is pro gun but not anywhere near to the extent that we would call ourselves on this board.

Anyway, I have to hand it to my dad. He looked this idiot's number up on his caller ID and gave him a call back. The person did not answer but my dad left him a message in return. He said that he told the guy, "I don't know who you think you are but you better get your facts straight before you start calling people you don't know. I did not write any letters to any newspapers. If you call this number again, you can bet your ass you will have the police showing up at your house for threatening me!"

Nothing else ever came of this, however, it made me think. Simply speaking your opinion can put you and your family in legitimate danger. What if this crazy person instead decided to look up my parents' address and try something stupid. What if he found my address and threatened my wife and daughter? Its a sad state of affairs this country has come to. You can not even speak your legitimate opinion about an issue or even defend a right guaranteed to us by our constitution without threats being thrust upon you.

My dad has long since forgotten the number of this person.

What would you do?

And just for the people who will say "sleep with his daughter," I am happily married ;-)
    Last edited by rxer311; January 13th, 2013 at 10:25 PM.

Default Re: What would you do? Kinda creepy

Find out where the guy lives and then sleep with his daughter.

Well...assuming she is old enough, and Doesent look like Janet Reno. A guy has to have standards

I have nothing useful to add to this

EZPZ. Find out who he is. Then tell him you're gonna sleep with his cows and kill his wife. In that order.

(Armstrong County)

Seriously.....If you have the number you can probably get the address. Start with anywho.com

Send a letter (and remain civil) citing the 1st amendment and your right to freedom of speech without harassment. Maybe threaten legal action.
    Better yet, have a lawyer send the letter on letterhead.

The receiver will freaked you located them and your point will be made.

I'm willing to bet its someone who knows or met your father.
    Last edited by Odonnks; January 13th, 2013 at 10:37 PM.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Odonnks View Post
    Seriously.....If you have the number you can probably get the address.

Send a letter (and remain civil) citing the 1st amendment and your right to freedom of speech without harassment.

The receiver will freaked you located them and your point will be made.
    I know, my dad has long forgotten the number. There is nothing that can be done now. I just wanted to point out to everybody here that you need to watch your back. If you are at all vocal about your rights, there are crazies out there that may target you. If I still had access to this dude's number I would definitely do the above.

I am proud of my dad for giving it right back to this douchebag though. My dad doesn't back down.

(Delaware County)

If it really bothers you it is easy enough to get a list of numbers around the date of the incoming calls and just narrow it down. If not there is no sense in stirring anything up because like you said you never know what nut jobs you are dealing with. Besides sounds like your dad took care of business
    Last edited by harty; January 14th, 2013 at 01:31 AM.
    http://forum.pafoa.org/feedback-109/193181-harty.html

Common Sense isnt that common among people

(Lancaster County)

It happened two months ago. Nothing has happened since. Sounds like its over to me. Remain vigilant and carry on.

(Bucks County)

Keep your 2nd to protect your 1st.

Prime example here.
    <-Click For My Youtube [Don't waive your rights with your flags. -Sage Francis]