Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default BREAKING NEWS: ATTEMPTED GUN BURGLARY TIED TO JOURNAL NEWS GUN MAPS

Brewster, N.Y. – 1/13/2013 – Today Senator Greg Ball (Patterson – R, C, I) announced that a burglary has been reported on Davis Ave. in White Plains, New York that evidently ties into The Journal News gun maps. It is reported that the burglar used The Journal News’ interactive gun map to target a home included on the map. Luckily the gun was locked up and no one was hurt.

http://www.nysenate.gov/press-releas...-news-gun-maps
    The USA is now a banana republic. Only without the bananas....or the Republic.

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: BREAKING NEWS: ATTEMPTED GUN BURGLARY TIED TO JOURNAL NEWS GUN MAPS

I hope their headquarters burns to the ground with the editors inside, by purely accidental means of course.

(Lancaster County)

Maybe NY should rethink that public record thing.

(Lancaster County)

Mannnnn,

Just think if it was the house down the street without a gun. If proven a connection wouldn't the paper possibly be an accessory to a crime?

I'd knew this was going to happen. I'd like to see some punishment for the newspaper, either criminal accessory charges, a nice civil suit for those affected, or both.

(Monroe County)

The article in the link does not seem to offer proof of a connection to the map. There is no statement of arresting any perpetrator for any action on this property. It seems to be inferred or assumed but not proven to have a link the map.
    Burglary is a crime that takes place in all neighborhoods every week. NOT defending the criminal or the act.
    I don't agree with the map or the actions of the reporter or editor, I just don't see the proof.....
    Last edited by mojollnir; January 13th, 2013 at 11:39 PM.

(Jefferson County)

A civil suite should be in order.

If I were a DA - I'd even consider criminal charges of some sort for assisting/facilitating a crime.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Lawrence County)

This link says one of the suspects was apprehended, probably where they got the information that the home was targeted because of the newspaper article. http://newyork.newsday.com/news/nati...home-1.4441678

(Beaver County)

Looks like another victim of the Journal News Gun Owner Map. I'd definitely be filing a suit against them!

Weapons stolen from N.Y. home of gun owner named on Journal News website

Published January 17, 2013

FoxNews.com

Two handguns and two pistol permits were reportedly stolen from the New York home of a man whose name and address appear on the website of a local newspaper as a gun owner, police told Newsday.

It's not yet known if the theft Wednesday at the New City, N.Y., home is connected to the Journal News' controversial decision to publish a map listing the names and addresses of those who legally possess gun permits.

"The burglary is still under investigation and there are no facts to support this correlation at this time," Clarkstown Sgt. Joanne Fratianni reportedly said in a statement. "If the investigation develops further information, it will be released accordingly."

The weapons taken from the home include a .45 caliber Colt revolver and a .22 caliber Iver Johnson, according to Newsday.

(Delaware County)

I hope the NRA backs a class action suit and puts this newspaper out of business.