Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Northampton County)

Default Rep Charlie Dent

Spent way longer than I planned to talking to this gentleman on the phone. Probably 15-20 minutes. Keep in mind, this is the first time I have spoken with him, and I assume he doesn't know anything about me.

Not for AWB. Maybe he would have considered it 20 years ago, but now it makes no sense, and knows the fed studies said it didn't do anything. Also thought "AW" was dumb because it didn't apply to real military weapons, seemed uncertain but I confirmed the details for him.

Not for mag restrictions.

Was thinking the only thing he might support would be expanded instant checks. Maybe Gun Show Loophole. Without going into detail, he knew a little about the PSP database but didn't understand it, and he didn't understand that there was no Gun Show Loophole, and the antis are simply after outlawing private sales. He didn't like that idea, but asked me if maybe there could be a way to just have a private NICS check. I explained that couldn't be enforcible without a record of sale, aka registration, or pre-registration documentation, and he got it. I told him to be very careful about that, federal registration is not acceptable.

He went on about a few other things he thought might be important that were not firearm related and I let him talk.

I asked if I could get a commitment to vote no on any of this stuff and he said he couldn't commit to anything he hasn't seen. Honestly, not everybody is "ungawa." Not everybody can be told the first Ten Amendments to The Constitution are absolute in light of the bastardization and normalization of deviance they have witnessed and logged over the past 80 years. So I wasn't going to start lecturing somebody I didn't know, who seemed quite sincere and open to disclosure, and accepted the answers I gave to his questions as facts.

I wil be meeting most of these people very soon. Or, at least their offices. Casey is a pain because he has nothing around me so I have to arrange a meeting. Not making a dedicated trip to Harrisburg or Scranton to speak to an intern.
    Last edited by ungawa; January 12th, 2013 at 01:03 PM.

(Lehigh County)

Default Re: Rep Charlie Dent

Nice job Ed. I know Charlie is getting an earful and he has been visited by OC'ers in the past (Bill had an encounter with him once and I hand-delivered a couple of petitions to him during the primaries)... he didnt bat an eye when he saw my 1911, and Ive been around him a few times while OC'ing.

(Delaware County)

My hats off to you. Here I am thinking my emails and phone calls are kicking ass and then I see members like ungawa on this forum really taking the bull by the horns. Great job and also thanks so much for what you are doing for all of us. +1
    http://forum.pafoa.org/feedback-109/193181-harty.html

Common Sense isnt that common among people

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by harty View Post
    My hats off to you. Here I am thinking my emails and phone calls are kicking ass and then I see members like ungawa on this forum really taking the bull by the horns. Great job and also thanks so much for what you are doing for all of us. +1
    I didn't do anything special. He isn't taking your calls?

(Bucks County)

Thank you Ungawa and others taking the time to reach out our representatives. Right now, this IS the fight. You're on the front lines brother. Simple acts like yours should inspire the rest of us.

Yeah, I met up with him right after he was reelected. I was OC with a S&W .357 magnum for this picture, but you can't quite see it behind my right hand. It did not seem to bother him or anyone who was with him. I spoke with someone in his office recently who reassured me of his strong 2A stand.