Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: New Browning A5

Default New Browning A5

Anyone get their hands on the new version of Browning's A5?

Mannn, back in the day my old mans A5 and me would get along real well up at Greater Pitts Skeet and Sporting Clays range. Brings back good memories, and the guns unique style really made heads turn. but with a price tag of $1,559 for the new model, Im just not sure if I want to make an investment on something that isnt the same. My old man paid around $375 for his way back in the day. He said he recently found some at a used shop that were in terrible shape, none of them had a tag less than $500.

The first time I ever shot it was at Greater Pitt. I was still way too small for it, but my dad really wanted me to give it a try. With it being so big, I put the butt of the gun under my armpit and my mouth right behind that raised "humback" style raised bridge. Well, that was a misteak! I hit and broke the bird, but that bridge came right back and cracked my right front tooth. We went inside and Tex gave us some salt water to stop the bleeding. I still have the chipped tooth and the gun still has the mark I made in it.

I am fairly sure when and if the old man passes away, the A5 will be mine. In our family, it is tradition for all the guns to be wrote down on slips of paper and put into a hat for a draw of what child gets which gun. When my grandfather passed away, there were 5 siblings all fighting for them, now it is only my sister and I. I do not hunt anymore, so I have a feeling I can let her have all of the hunting rifles as long as I get my A5 back!!

LOL reading this I feel like I am batting for my fathers death for his A5, I assure you that is not my intentions! but I know him and I have had some very good times together with that gun, from McDonald sportmans turkey shoots and hunting small game, that was always the gun for me. It fit me like a glove. Since Greater Pitt (many many years ago) closed down, the A5 hasnt seen much action. I wonder if I should maybe offer to buy it off of him since he doesn't use it anymore. I wonder if I can even still hit clays like I used to.

This post I am sure is all over the place, but seeing that Browning has brought back this classic really got me excited and has brought back some good memories that I wanted to share.
    Last edited by Nucking Futs; January 12th, 2013 at 07:08 AM.