Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Buying a pistol you have never held? CZ75

I have heard nothing but praise about the CZ75 series of 9mm. I am looking at the Compact and PCR. P01 has the accessory ramp I am not really in need of. Compact has safety and all steel vs PCR lighter with alloy frame and decocker.

Problem is - no one has ANY even to hold. I have heard they fit like a glove. Question is - whose glove?

Also looking at possible M&P 9C,but really keen on putting in an order for a CZ at a shop in Arizona who gets a lot of them (CZ Custom) - like maybe in a month. Initially wanted Ruger SR9C but feel the other two have better quality.

So - are CZ's that ergonomically fantastic to order blind, or should wait till I can find one to at least grasp? They are NOT going to get any cheaper. Prices are going up...

Thanks.

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Buying a pistol you have never held? CZ75

saw a few at Clayton's in Horsham.

On wednesday they had 2 p01s a few full size cz75s and maybe a sp-01 or something.

That's kinda close to you i guess. maybe like an hour. about low $600s for the P01 if i remember correctly

road trip!

I bought an all steel compact this past spring without holding one just based off the numerous posts about how ergonomic they are. Average sized hands here and let me tell you everyone was right! This thing just sits perfect in your hand. And everyone I let shoot it including my picky step father just fell in love with it.

I changed the base plates on my mags too due to the ones from the factory having a flat plate that extended out past the front strap. All my fingers fit on the grip but it was a little snug.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by djm3801 View Post
    road trip!
    Better yet, Classic Pistol in Southampton has one to rent. Did that last week to compare to my M&P9FS amd a buddy's Beretta. To me it's slightly different, not as pretty as the beretta, I am more accurate with the CZ than my own M&P9, and about as accurate as aI am with Buddy's Beretta.

Actually a place in AZ sells them for $500. I was thinking about just paying for one and when they get it they ship it. That said, I do not mind driving an hour to lay my hands on one. the P01, again, while a nice piece, just seems too have too much bulk to the front end. This will be a carry piece and the PCR or Compact is quite big enough.

Road trip for sure. Do not Buy a handgun with out trying it first. If it does not fit like a glove then you have something that will not work for you. Hold one first.
    I always stressed to my son"one shot one kill that was all that is needed". When He came home from Marine Corp Boot camp He was telling me about the Marines stressing "ONE SHOT ONE KILL" He looks at me and the light bulb went on Dad was now a whole lot smarter than he was 13 weeks ago.

(Berks County)

I bought my first CZ-75 unseen. And it did fit my hand like a glove.

Ray

(Northampton County)

Heritage Guild in Easton has a 75BD Police in stock now. Being a full size the grip is a little longer than the compact models but you will get the idea.

Not to mention you will not want to put it down.

Thomas Paine, your tip paid off.. I was interested in A CZ75 PCR. They had ONE P01 left. Picked it up - great feel and solid. I like the extra weight. Dry fired it - trigger so so but I expected that... Sold. I did NOT want the P01 but when I was talking to the sales rep in Claytons, and told him my second choice was an M&P9C, he reminded me that it had a rail and, while lighter, was about the same size.. Like - why did that not occur to me? DUH! Bottom line is I walked out with it. And with all the extra testing this gun has passed.

Priice was about equal to what I would have paid for the gun ordered from AZ plus shipping plus FFL. So I broke even and I have it now.

CLAYTON's... GREAT. I have seen some mixed reviews here. Sales rep Dan and Ed could not have been better and kept calling a BUSY SIGNAL Harrisburg to get my ID checked so I would not have to drive back there from Bethlehem. Apparently a big show in Lebanon has line all tied up. Place was mobbed but staff kept order and was very helpful to all.

Thanks Clayton's and Thomas Paine!
    Last edited by djm3801; January 12th, 2013 at 06:15 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast