Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    (Dauphin County)

Default Re: 2013 2nd Amendment Action Day & lobbying event

Looks like ill be there

(Allegheny County)

Maybe the new Connecticut gun, ammo, and magazine restrictions will spur some interest.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(York County)

I'll be there!

(Chester County)

If you have a pitchfork, bring it. This may be the last time you are permitted to carry a pitchfork in public without proof of insurance coverage and a state-issued license to carry a pitchfork!

WTF is happening to our Constitutional Republic????

Inquiring minds would like to know...

We'll bring our own signs, for I know we've been infiltrated. This is just too hot a political button.
    - bamboomaster

(York County)

I'll be going. I'll Probaly be going by myself from Dillsburg. However I'm willing to carpool if anybody on here is goin from this way. I can either ride with or take 3 others. Just PM me. See ya all there.

(Cambria County)

Unhappy Re: 2013 2nd Amendment Action Day & lobbying event

Quote Originally Posted by Corn Flake View Post
    With our rights under attack by some lawmakers in Harrisburg, you'd think that this thread would be more active.
    True....scary for us.^

I hope there are gonna be a lot more people going. Hopefully some OTHER forums on the web are promoting this event.

Maybe we can get a crowd from other sources.

Anyway, me and my boy will be there.

I also was there 2 years ago. Hope this all falls together this time.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mK2JYfZAmA When will America become America?

(Lackawanna County)

I'm planning on attending. trying to get others to come with me.

(York County)

I'll go, but I can't make a day of it because I have work at 2pm. I understand we'll have to disarm and check our firearms if going inside, but I presume there is nothing that says we cannot carry on the capitol grounds? Not sure if I'm going inside because of time constraints. What does the day's itinerary look like? Anyone know?

On edit: after further reading, it appears as though the entirity of the event will take place inside. Is that the case? I've never attended this particular event, so I don't know what to expect. I have visons of folks packed inside the building like sardines and not being able to extricate myself on time to get to work if/when necessary. I know, whining, right? Give me the run down, please.
    Last edited by mosseater; April 3rd, 2013 at 02:00 AM.

(Delaware County)

Thumbs up Delaware County persons ? 2013 2nd Amendment Action Day & lobbying event

Hello,

Anyone from Delaware County attending ? It's always nice to have someone to buddy around with for the day. I'll be driving out individually since I'm heading down to Baltimore later that day.

Dave

David Larkins
    dlarkins@comcast.net
    Call or Text:
    (610) 842•7905
    David Larkins
    65gtotrips@gmail.com
    Call/Text to:
    (610) 842-7905

Quote Originally Posted by mosseater View Post
    I'll go, but I can't make a day of it because I have work at 2pm. I understand we'll have to disarm and check our firearms if going inside, but I presume there is nothing that says we cannot carry on the capitol grounds? Not sure if I'm going inside because of time constraints. What does the day's itinerary look like? Anyone know?

On edit: after further reading, it appears as though the entirity of the event will take place inside. Is that the case? I've never attended this particular event, so I don't know what to expect. I have visons of folks packed inside the building like sardines and not being able to extricate myself on time to get to work if/when necessary. I know, whining, right? Give me the run down, please.
    Some years have seen this event outside on the capital steps, and others have been inside, in the rotunda area. Due to the early onset of old timers disease, I can't remember if last year was inside, or out. Either way, the rally takes about 1 hour. After that, we break off into groups to go and speak to as many reps as possible before they go into session. It is not mandatory that you stay for the lobbying portion of the rally, but it is the part that makes the most difference. As for the sardines, it won't be that bad that you can't leave when you need to. No worries there.

If/ when you enter the capital building, head to the rear lower entrance (Opposite side from the main steps), to check your firearm. The main enterance is fine if you are not carrying. If the rally is being held outdoors, you can keep your firearm on you during the rally, as well as anywhere outside the building. I recommend however, that if you can stay for any of the lobbying part, that you check it before the rally starts. Time is quite short between the end of the rally and the time when the reps go into session. It's a minimal compromise on your part that probably makes a big difference in whether your group will actually see anyone on their list or not. As a side note, the firearms check is no big deal. It's a pretty streamlined process these days. Just have your firearms check form filled out in advance. It's available here: http://www.2arally.com/wp-content/up...rm-receipt.pdf Just be advised, that there will be a line, which includes other groups and individuals entering the capital, so plan accordingly.

A couple more points of interest-
    If able to attend all or any part of the lobbying afterwards, pick the group with the least # of people in it. The groups are not pre-assigned, and this increases our effectiveness. Many small groups will cover more reps, then a few large ones can.

Each team will have a leader who is well versed in the issues at hand. They will do most of the talking. You can provide as much, or as little input as you want, but you won't be put on the spot at all. Your presence there is what really matters.

After the rally ends, the team leaders will hold up numbered signs to identify their group. It doesn't really matter what group# you pick, just go with the one with the least number of people in it.

The first year I went (2009 I think), I wasn't sure what to expect, and was a bit nervous, but I was never put on the spot for anything, and I found that everyone there was working together to achieve a common goal. I learned a great deal about how the system works, and actually look forward to going each year. I encourage everyone to come out and support the cause. Also, there are a number of good places to stop at while you're in Harrisburg. While we're there, my friend and I usually hit up Appalachian Brewing Company over on Cameron st afterwards, but there are plenty of other things as well if that doesn't suit you. The food there is exceptional, however, and they have house made root beer,for the non beer drinkers.
    "The Intelligence Of The People Is The Security Of The Nation" We're doomed!

Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast