Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Greener Mk III Shotgun

I purchased this curio and relic from Royal Tiger Imports. It was $199 shipping free. Great condition. Anyone know where to get ammo for 14 Ga.

(Cumberland County)

Default Re: Greener Mk III Shotgun

Quote Originally Posted by LTCcarrier View Post
    I purchased this curio and relic from Royal Tiger Imports. It was $199 shipping free. Great condition. Anyone know where to get ammo for 14 Ga.
    I was thinking of getting one for the neat factor - lol. I know they advertised one company on their site that loads it - expensive ( $60 for a box of $10 shells - yikes! ).

http://www.rockymountaincartridge.com/

Let us know how you like it and if you find ammo any cheaper! Congrats on a unique piece !

Quote Originally Posted by cruzans View Post
    I was thinking of getting one for the neat factor - lol. I know they advertised one company on their site that loads it - expensive ( $60 for a box of $10 shells - yikes! ).

http://www.rockymountaincartridge.com/

Let us know how you like it and if you find ammo any cheaper! Congrats on a unique piece !
    The problem is Rocky sells ammo components and not loaded ammo. I was able so far to purchase one original collector round at $36 but they only had one live round. If some sells modern shooting ammo I am interested.

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by LTCcarrier View Post
    The problem is Rocky sells ammo components and not loaded ammo. I was able so far to purchase one original collector round at $36 but they only had one live round. If some sells modern shooting ammo I am interested.
    That sucks. Royal Tiger made it sound like they had live rounds. Keep us posted. If I run across any or find a supplier I'll let you know!

This gun is a great example of gin control. It was designed to feed on restricted ammo no longer made. A historic wall hanger.

(York County)

you should note a 3 prong firing pin that was another special feature of this gun designed to control the user (in addition to non-standard gauge). these guns were made up for indian police use under english direction. the bizzare ammo for them was designed to limit their potential use in rebel action.

they can be reamed out to 12 gauge and tapered to the 14 gauge bore and firing pin converted to shoot standard low pressure 12 gauge shotshells. this was done by some distributors/collectors in the 50's and 60's.