Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    (Beaver County)

Default getting a bad vibe from some dude

any one else experience this , I was in line at sheetz in Rochester I normally avoid that place because it always so frickin crowded an when you head to the register they funnel everyone through that damnedable fence , well I was kinda running on fumes in my truck an had to get gas , as always the place is jammed so I get in line an this dude just keeps right on my right side close an acting a bit nervous , no matter how I turn he stays right there on my holster side never said a word to me but just creeped me out so much that I had to stick my hand in my pocket an press my gun a lil tighter to my hip . this ever happen to anyone else ?

(Lackawanna County)

Default Re: getting a bad vibe from some dude

Are you afraid of capital letters AND periods?

You reached into your pocket to press your gun against your hip? So you were wearing a jacket over your gun? That's not really open carrying.

As for your situation, are you new to carry? My suspicious are that you are a newbie. If so, welcome to the world of carrying.

Here's a little advice. Generally, people don't notice (or care) about your carrying as much as you think they do.

(Berks County)

No I have not. You should have asked him if he was in a hurry, that you would let him jump in front of you. Be nice, engage in conversation and stay aware. Look for partners. Never ignor your gut. Oh and pay at the pump. . Your post looked fine on my pad.

(Philadelphia County)

The guy could have been after your wallet, perhaps?

Invading your personal space means he was up to no good.

(Chester County)

Were you OC or CC? I CC, and keep good situational awareness, if there is anybody acting strangely near me I keep an eye on them or go somewhere else, but I can't remember the last time that happened.

(Allegheny County)

Someone acting that shifty close to my personal space I would be paying more attention to him.

However most people new to carrying seemt to go through a paranoia phase early on that they think everyone notices them.

I am wondering if you had a cover garment and the firearm was not visible?

Although that does not mean the guy was not acting strange for a reason not related to your firearm.

If I felt really uncomfortable I might have gotten out of line just to see what the guy did. Kind of like If someone has been behind me in the car for a long time coming home and I have already made some specific turns to get there ill skip the last couple turns to my house and drive around the block. It's rare that that happens though. But I had some wacko chick I went on a couple dates with follow me from work one time.
    Last edited by QuackXP; April 28th, 2014 at 09:26 AM.
    "No, it's just a machine. I'm the weapon." - Jack Harper in Oblivion

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunsnwater View Post
    No I have not. You should have asked him if he was in a hurry, that you would let him jump in front of you. Be nice, engage in conversation and stay aware. Look for partners. Never ignor your gut. Oh and pay at the pump. . Your post looked fine on my pad.
    It's like when you are stuck in bumper to bumper traffic (2 lanes merging to 1) everyone tightens up real close as you come up to the merge point (no one wants to give away any ground). It sounds like the Sheetz queue was the same way, only without cars.

Gunsnwater's advice is good... I do that myself.

(Delaware County)

One of the techniques I learned for retention a while ago was any time I am standing still - in line, at the corner of an intersection, etc. - is to put my hand in my pocket and let my elbow rest on the back of the slide.
    Junior

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Democrat Gun Owner View Post
    Are you afraid of capital letters AND periods?

You reached into your pocket to press your gun against your hip? So you were wearing a jacket over your gun? That's not really open carrying.

As for your situation, are you new to carry? My suspicious are that you are a newbie. If so, welcome to the world of carrying.

Here's a little advice. Generally, people don't notice (or care) about your carrying as much as you think they do.
    Well, this post contributed.......uh....maybe...yea, I've got nothing.

Trust your gut, a little extra awareness won't hurt you. I also agree with Gunsnwater's advice.

III% - Stand and be counted

(Lawrence County)

Chances are, he probably thought you were a cop and he had a warrant. Or your open carry shocked him. Another theory is he could be another gun nut and was looking to see what you're carrying, and he just didn't want to bother you. Now you know how good lookin chicks feel like! lol

-Chaz
    I like guns... And boobs...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast