Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Statement from the NRA...

...regarding today's White House Task Force Meeting

Fairfax, Va. – The National Rifle Association of America is made up of over 4 million moms and dads, daughters and sons, who are involved in the national conversation about how to prevent a tragedy like Newtown from ever happening again. We attended today's White House meeting to discuss how to keep our children safe and were prepared to have a meaningful conversation about school safety, mental health issues, the marketing of violence to our kids and the collapse of federal prosecutions of violent criminals.

We were disappointed with how little this meeting had to do with keeping our children safe and how much it had to do with an agenda to attack the Second Amendment. While claiming that no policy proposals would be “prejudged,” this Task Force spent most of its time on proposed restrictions on lawful firearms owners - honest, taxpaying, hardworking Americans. It is unfortunate that this Administration continues to insist on pushing failed solutions to our nation's most pressing problems. We will not allow law-abiding gun owners to be blamed for the acts of criminals and madmen. Instead, we will now take our commitment and meaningful contributions to members of congress of both parties who are interested in having an honest conversation about what works - and what does not.

http://www.nraila.org/news-issues/ne...e-meeting.aspx

(Schuylkill County)

Default Re: Statement from the NRA...

After hearing Obama and Biden speak on what will and won't be banned I've realized what they are trying to do. By claiming they are not going to ban hunting rifles and shotguns they are simply trying to divide the gun owners of this nation. But be assured that after they ban semi auto rifles and shotguns, the next time some deranged kid enters a school with a shotgun, the politicians will be calling for an end to shotguns and rifles. If we are divided we will all lose our rights.

Absolutely. Divide and conquer. I wish all hunters would realize that their "sniper rifles" aren't going to be safe for long.

(Washington County)

It seems as though Biden did a little backtracking today. He only spoke about "universal" background checks and banning hi cap magazines. Nothing about assault weapons or executive orders today. This might be the kind of compromise scores of Republicans would be suckered into voting for. Of course, afterwards, we would be put on notice that "this is only the first step" and we would be only one high profile shooting away from Democrats wanting to re-visit and amend(ie expand) the law.

It's informative however, that Biden didn't appear to know that closing the so-called "gun show loophole" and instituting background checks for all private sales would be one in the same. He spoke about them as if they would be two different actions.

Time for the NRA to let loose the dogs of war. Media blitz time.

But what I don't understand is why the gun rights lobby doesn't get smart about this and find a brilliant and articulate woman to go on the talk shows and defend the 2nd Amendment. We know Wayne LaPierre and he is a good spokesman, but I think we need female gun owners on board for this battle more than ever now and who better to bring them on board and disarrm the liberal blowhard media??... Isn't there a female pretty high up on the NRA director list?
    Last edited by TSimonetti; January 11th, 2013 at 12:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TSimonetti View Post
    It seems as though Biden did a little backtracking today. He only spoke about "universal" background checks and banning hi cap magazines. Nothing about assault weapons or executive orders today. This might be the kind of compromise scores of Republicans would be suckered into voting for. Of course, afterwards, we would be put on notice that "this is only the first step" and we would be only one high profile shooting away from Democrats wanting to re-visit and amend(ie expand) the law.

It's informative however, that Biden didn't appear to know that closing the so-called "gun show loophole" and instituting background checks for all private sales would be one in the same. He spoke about them as if they were two different actions.

Time for the NRA to let loose the dogs of war. Media blitz time.

But what I don't understand is why the gun rights lobby doesn't get smart about this and find a brilliant and articulate woman to go on the talk shows and defend the 2nd Amendment. We know Wayne LaPierre and he is a good spokesman, but I think we need female gun owners on board for this battle more than ever now and who better to bring them on board and disarrm the liberal blowhard media??... Isn't there a female pretty high up on the NRA director list?
    gun show loophole? is that where any person with a pulse can walk into a gun show and by an F-15, mini gun and an RPG or two? thats what my liberal friend told me it was.
    Montani Semper Liberi

(Lawrence County)

Quote Originally Posted by GunDog View Post
    After hearing Obama and Biden speak on what will and won't be banned I've realized what they are trying to do. By claiming they are not going to ban hunting rifles and shotguns they are simply trying to divide the gun owners of this nation. But be assured that after they ban semi auto rifles and shotguns, the next time some deranged kid enters a school with a shotgun, the politicians will be calling for an end to shotguns and rifles. If we are divided we will all lose our rights.
    Exactly how it went down in England.

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by jerkin View Post
    Exactly how it went down in England.
    Important to note that it all started in England some 60 years before with a small and relatively benign tax on handguns. After that, eventually and over time all guns became registered.

Registration always comes first, then inevitably incremental gun control and bans follow.

It often takes decades or more to accomplish, but if it's one thing the gun banners have it's time and patience, and always with an eye on the end goal.... We must resist any type of gun registration and database with our last breath.

But I think that over the next 3-1/2 years in addition to actual gun control, this administration will attempt to employ far more insidious and onerous types of controls many of which can be done without Congressional approval. Regulation of the transfer/shipping of ammunition under severe restrictions, Justice Department investigations and lawsuits against gun manufacturers, strongarm tactics employed against banks to get them to withhold loans to gunmakers and against retailers to get them to stop selling guns. Attempts to browbeat the senate into signing onto the UN small arms treaty, Attempts to tax ammunition and gun transactions under the guise of helping "victims of gun violence"...All this in addition to trying to make gun ownership a dangerous health issue.

Eric Holder's recent decision to stay on as AG instead of resigning as previously planned, is an important signal that the Justice Department is now going to be obama's attack dog against gun makers and against private gun owners for the next few years. I would also expect that the NRA is due for several "random" IRS audits over the next few years.
    Last edited by TSimonetti; January 11th, 2013 at 02:06 AM.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by GunDog View Post
    I agree. I realize they were trying to divide us when they proposed cutting down waiting period of immigrants to buy guns. I support that too, but they were specifically using it to try and divide us.

United behind the NRA!!!! NO COMPROMISES!!!