Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Wyoming lawmakers propose bill to nullify new federal gun laws

For all you other guys who think Wyoming is too far, Tennessee has proposed a similar bill.

Do you think we would have any chance of making something like this without the yuppies blocking it? Need be I'm sure our Governor could sign an "executive order" if the yuppies don't like it, we put them in a row boat and shove them off into the Delaware.

(Allegheny County)

Everyone has a state Rep send them a copy and ask to introduce a similar measure in PA

here is the 2013 proposed bill for the sate of Wyoming this is an UPGRADE to its already passed Firearm Freedom Act. SEE RED text for new Language

http://legisweb.state.wy.us/2013/Introduced/HB0104.pdf

http://k2radio.com/wyoming-house-bil...rotection-act/

Recently Jan 2013 I spoke with PA state Rep Matt Gabler and he will once again be introducing Firearm Freedom Act (FFA) for PA in 2013

read detail here
    from the 2011-2012 session HB 752 what this could possibly do for PA

http://forum.pafoa.org/pennsylvania-...-hb-752-a.html

Note IF FFA would pass in PA we could still have MADE IN PA stamped guns, mags and ammo and also tell the Feds to go frack a gas well somewhere else with their new gun control laws
    Learn how to really SUPPORT the 2nd Amendment cause Go To http://www.foac-pac.org/

(Berks County)

While I applaud these efforts, they're nothing more than symbolic unless the state governments in question put some teeth behind their laws.

In other words: if these laws pass, the federal government won't care; they'll continue to prosecute citizens under federal law. Unless the states (and their respective offices of Attorneys General) step up and defend their citizens against federal charges, then it means nothing.
    "Political Correctness is just tyranny with manners"
    -Charlton Heston

"[The Constitution preserves] the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation...(where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."
    -James Madison, Federalist Papers, No. 46.

"America does not go abroad in search of monsters to destroy." [sic]
    -John Quincy Adams

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Μολών λαβέ!
    -King Leonidas

Quote Originally Posted by ChamberedRound View Post
    While I applaud these efforts, they're nothing more than symbolic unless the state governments in question put some teeth behind their laws.

In other words: if these laws pass, the federal government won't care; they'll continue to prosecute citizens under federal law. Unless the states (and their respective offices of Attorneys General) step up and defend their citizens against federal charges, then it means nothing.
    gotta start somewhere man. these efforts are better than nothing (pennsylvania).
    Montani Semper Liberi

(Chester County)

we need to send a copy of this to EVERY Senator and Representative in PA

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by gummy jones View Post
    gotta start somewhere man. these efforts are better than nothing (pennsylvania).
    I agree. However, passing these laws without getting backing from the state government could actually be MORE dangerous to citizens. People will think they can ignore federal law within their state, when federal agents that may be operating in the state will still make attempts to press federal charges. In such situations it becomes necessary for the state to act in defense of its citizens, and if they won't do that then the laws mean nothing.

This is similar (but not exact) to what's happened to those prosecuted under federal drug laws in states where state-level laws regarding marijuana were repealed. Because the federal laws are still in places, federal agents operating within the state (like the DEA) can still press charges, and the states in question typically do nothing to help those charged.
    "Political Correctness is just tyranny with manners"
    -Charlton Heston

"[The Constitution preserves] the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation...(where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."
    -James Madison, Federalist Papers, No. 46.

"America does not go abroad in search of monsters to destroy." [sic]
    -John Quincy Adams

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Μολών λαβέ!
    -King Leonidas

(Beaver County)

This is something that should be hand delivered to our reps at the Harrisburg rally
    Proud to be a Longwall pig...

Quote Originally Posted by ChamberedRound View Post
    I agree. However, passing these laws without getting backing from the state government could actually be MORE dangerous to citizens. People will think they can ignore federal law within their state, when federal agents that may be operating in the state will still make attempts to press federal charges. In such situations it becomes necessary for the state to act in defense of its citizens, and if they won't do that then the laws mean nothing.

This is similar (but not exact) to what's happened to those prosecuted under federal drug laws in states where state-level laws regarding marijuana were repealed. Because the federal laws are still in places, federal agents operating within the state (like the DEA) can still press charges, and the states in question typically do nothing to help those charged.
    the recent state stance on marijuana sales in colorado for the last 3+ years has been in direct violation of federal law and i think is a good example of what can still happen if a state says no. i agree that, prior to actual legalization, the citizens could have been subject to federal penalties but they never came. the wyoming statement is a step in the right direction and i can only pray that the teeth to the law are soon to follow.
    Montani Semper Liberi

(Northumberland County)

will Corbett sign or veto a bill like this?

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by TXDMERC73 View Post
    will Corbett sign or veto a bill like this?
    Jury's out on that one.

I think we're all still waiting for him to "push the delete key" on that illegal registry thing he was so fond of promising to do...

While Rendell can go fuck himself in a dark shitty hole - he's such a gun grabbing agenda pushing lunatic - I think that's why Corbett seemed like a god send in comparison. I feel he's actually a lot more lukewarm on the subject than we'd like to admit to ourselves.

Even if Corbett signed it, I doubt he'd put muscle behind it to enforce it. Making it not much more than a symbolic gesture as CR mentioned.

There's a lot of political pressure in PA from Phila/Pitts we also need to contend with. While everyone in between these major metropolitan areas may be 'sane' gun loving Pennsylvanian's. A huge part of the population that lives in those areas - isn't.

We all bitch and moan about NJ, Kommiefornia, and other really awfully anti-gun states. But PA is more mixed than I think any of us want to admit. We have to focus on this internal war as much as we watch the rest of what is going down. Policy coming down from Harrisburg is driven by these larger cesspools of anti-gun foaming at the mouth types. Consider the often shady actions of the PSP, and un-laws that end up getting "enforced" anyway. We need to get real and contend with that.

Even if we manage to push this through. The opposition will just get louder and try to undermine it within our own state. And they will come from these urban areas with tons of backing as they usually do. Now is not the time for paper tigers.

I'd like to see this in 'genuine' form from PA. And after watching this relentless onslaught by the anti-gunners... perhaps even in symbolic form.

We DO need to clean our own yard though.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast