Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    (Luzerne County)

Default Re: Wyoming lawmakers propose bill to nullify new federal gun laws

at least they have the spark of freedom in Wyoming to come up with something like this.

i was thinking long and hard yesterday about this issue. what would happen if someone started a real religion which requires it adherents to possess a ar 15 that has a 30 round mag. will people who belong to this religion allowed to have those mags under protection from the first amendment ( religious freedom)?

(Crawford County)

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan Hale View Post
    at least they have the spark of freedom in Wyoming to come up with something like this.

i was thinking long and hard yesterday about this issue. what would happen if someone started a real religion which requires it adherents to possess a ar 15 that has a 30 round mag. will people who belong to this religion allowed to have those mags under protection from the first amendment ( religious freedom)?
    Such a religion would immediately be labeled a cult and dealt with appropriately by armed forces.

Remember the Whacko of Waco? And all the media coverage that destroyed any chance of learning the truth of the Branch Davidians and their beliefs? Not sayin' the Davidians were right in their beliefs, just sayin' Freedom of Religion is one of those protected inalienable rights we are attempting to protect (enumerated in the First Amendment).
    "When I hit it, I expect it to fall the hell down and die!"

(Snyder County)

Heard from my State Rep. Fred Keller today and he said that the House is currently drafting a Bill simular to Wyomings Bill. He said that he would keep me updated on this.
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms ... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants, they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." -- Thomas Jefferson

(Bucks County)

It's already being done... write to you state reps requesting they co-sign and support the legislation being submitted by Rep Metcalfe

MEMORANDUM

Posted: January 11, 2013 04:12 PM

To: All House members

Subject: Right to Bear Arms Protection Act

I am currently having legislation drafted that is similar to firearm legislation recently introduced in Wyoming. My legislation would prohibit the enforcement of any new federal restriction, prohibition or registration requirement for firearms, magazines, and ammunition. My legislation would also require the state to intercede on behalf of Pennsylvania citizens against any federal attempt to register, ban or restrict the purchase or ownership of firearms and firearms accessories which are currently legal products.

I hope you will join me in defending the Second Amendment in Pennsylvania.

If you have any questions, please contact Nicole Wilbourn at nwilbour@pahousegop.com or 717-783-1707.

Quote Originally Posted by NA Wreckdiver View Post
    It's already being done... write to you state reps requesting they co-sign and support the legislation being submitted by Rep Metcalfe
    Thanks. Letters sent.
    The USA is now a banana republic. Only without the bananas....or the Republic.

FEMA Region III - State College, Pennsylvania
    (Centre County)

The bill has just been approved by the Wyoming House of Representatives.

Wyoming House passes bill meant to invalidate proposed gun laws
    http://news.yahoo.com/wyoming-house-...011107693.html

The Wyoming House of Representatives passed two bills on Friday geared toward protecting or expanding gun rights in the state, including one aimed at nullifying some of the new federal gun restrictions proposed by the Obama administration.

Both bills, which passed 46-13, head to the Republican-dominated Senate, where their prospects for passage were considered good. Republican Governor Matt Mead has not said whether he would sign either measure into law.

One of the bills, the so-called Firearm Protection Act, would seek to invalidate any new federal bans or restrictions on semi-automatic firearms or ammunition magazines. It also precludes state enforcement of those restrictions, if passed at the federal level.

Among the other states where such laws have been introduced this year are Arizona, Colorado, Louisiana, Mississippi, Montana, North Dakota, Nebraska, New Mexico, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas and Virginia, he said.

The second bill advanced by the Wyoming House would let school district employees and parents of students carry concealed guns on campus if they have a permit issued by local law enforcement officials and notified school administrators.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123