Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Default NY Refugee Looking Towards PA

Since we here in NY are currently fighting a losing battle, I'm looking towards PA to make my escape from the oppressive gun laws that we currently and will have. I'm just wondering if it would be worth my while. What's the economy like? Jobs? Housing market? Gun laws? Any help would be appreciated.

Default Re: NY Refugee Looking Towards PA

Quote Originally Posted by temporaryscars View Post
    Since we here in NY are currently fighting a losing battle, I'm looking towards PA to make my escape from the oppressive gun laws that we currently and will have. I'm just wondering if it would be worth my while. What's the economy like? Jobs? Housing market? Gun laws? Any help would be appreciated.
    Eh.. Depends greatly on the area.. Most areas I would say are not doing so hot economically. The job market sucks pretty bad as well, but I assumed that was the case with the majority of the country right now. Housing market is good if you've got the money to buy. Houses are cheap. If you're trying to sell, however, then it's not such a great time. I'll leave the gun laws to more experienced members. From what I understand, PA has pretty good gun laws in comparison.

(Bucks County)

I moved from NY 5 years ago and it was the best thing I ever did. I worked in NYC so I get paid less here (right outside philly) but everything costs less so its about the same. Ive had the same job since I moved so im not sure about the job market but I can tell you the gun laws are SOOOOO much better here.

(Lehigh County)

The job market varies depending on where you move in PA and what market you work in.

You could do a general search on monster.com ( or another site like it ) in a general area and your specific field.

Housing is geared right now towards the buyer, as is in many places.

As for firearm laws, you can check this site out.

http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/pennsylvania.pdf

ETA - If I'm grossly off on any of these things, someone please feel free to correct.

Sounds great! I was looking at the Scranton area or at least just north of there. I grew up right on the border so I know the area somewhat.

*waves to scars*

Quote Originally Posted by OwnTheRide View Post
    *waves to scars*

Ha! What the heck are you doing here?

(Lackawanna County)

Anywhere between Bingo and Scranton would be the place to live, Lackawanna County is best for getting your Pa. LTCF, in and out in under 30 min., jobs right now are in the gas drilling industry in that area and that would be your best bet for a job.
    Government 99 and 44/100 % pure bullshit.

You know its bad, when you see this post, more than once, and youv'd accually though, how much would it cost to move to montana....
    I talk jibberoush. pay attention.

Quote Originally Posted by temporaryscars View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by OwnTheRide View Post
    *waves to scars*

Fancy meeting you two fucks on here!

Been looking at moving to PA for awhile now myself. Now with everything going on in NY it's definitely becoming more likely as a plan B if all the bullshit passes. I didn't wanna leave NY since I have 7 years in the retirement system but I guess I might no have a chance. PA is a crap shoot though for jobs, especially in the public safety sector where I am now. I'm trying to find a rural/agricultural area, I hate neighbors.
    Last edited by Waldershrek; January 10th, 2013 at 10:20 PM.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast