Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Exclamation Harrisburg 23JAN2013 - Part 2 - ACTION!!

UPDATED Jan 21, 2013 - see new text highlighted in this color...

The original thread for the Pennsylvania Responsible Citizens Rally in Harrisburg on January 23, 2013 has gotten so much response that much of the critical information, and great ideas, are lost in the 35 + pages.

We wanted to start this new thread to clearly summarize the many topics contained in the original thread ( http://forum.pafoa.org/pennsylvania-...100-start.html )

Let's use this thread for reference only, but please keep continuing discussions in the original thread...that way this won't become as cluttered.

With that said, let's get to the details:

RALLY STARTS AT 10:00 AM SHARP!
    We have distinguished speakers scheduled to start at that time!

Pennsylvania Responsible Citizens
    - Pennsylvania Responsible Citizens (PARC) is strictly a grass-roots assembly of ordinary Pennsylvanians who share the common beliefs of respect for the law, personal responsibility, and the adherence to our Constitutional Rights as elicited in the Constitution of the United States, the Bill of Rights, and the Pennsylvania Constitution.
    - This assembly consists solely of private citizens who volunteer their time, resources, and efforts to promote our shared beliefs to the public at large, as well as our elected officials.
    - PARC is not affiliated nor endorsed by any established National Gun Rights organizations or political committees.
    - REGISTER FOR THE EVENT! In order to become an effective participant in this event, one needs to convey that desire by providing basic information (name, email address, and a phone number) to PARC by sending an email to jan23@stopthemobs.com . Note that if you have done this already from the previous thread, you don't need to repeat it here! Once this information is obtained, you will be sent a link to the Evernote that provides the details for this event. This method provides an accurate tally of participants, as well as keeps the details limited to those who 'need to know'.

When and Where
    - Wednesday January 23, 2013 between 10:00am and 2:00pm - The Pennsylvania State Capitol Building http://www.pacapitol.com/ This event will be OUTDOORS in the middle of January, dress warmly!
    - Parking facilities near the Capitol can be found here: http://www.harrisburgparking.org/
    - Plan on carpooling or taking public transportation to Harrisburg, it's a busy place!
    - See the "Carpooling Information" section below for the latest offers.

Agenda
    - Pre-rally meeting canceled.
    - Please be at the Capitol Steps by 9:45 AM

- 10:00am through 2:00pm, we conduct our rally outside. Some distinguished speakers will kick off the rally at 10:00 sharp!
    - Again, remember to consider the weather! IT WILL BE BELOW FREEZING! WEAR LAYERS OF CLOTHING, GLOVES, HATS, EAR MUFFS...whatever will help you endure!You may even want to pack a light lunch or a thermos of warm coffee or soup!
    - At some point in time during the rally, a small delegation will break off to go inside the Capitol and meet with certain Legislators at prearranged appointments, to discuss topics that will be identified during our planning sessions.
    - 2:00pm will be the end of the Rally. PLEASE STAY FOR A FEW MINUTES EXTRA TO HELP CLEAN UP OUR AREA...we want to be responsible and considerate citizens!

Capitol Rules and Regulations
    - PARC has applied for and received a permit for this event. With the issuance of this permit we are expected to adhere to the Rules and Regulations, found here http://www.pacode.com/secure/data/00...chap86toc.html
    - Display and Carriage of Firearms: All provisions of the PA UFA must be adhered to. PA UFA link http://www.acslpa.org/html/pa_uniform_firearms_act.html
    - NOTE: The recent State of Emergency from Hurricane Sandy has been lifted effective January 15, 2013. Please refer to PEMA's "Governors Proclamations" page at: http://www.portal.state.pa.us/portal...lamations/4725
    - PA UFA referenced above is anything but clear as to the legality of transporting firearms to this event if you do not possess a PA License to Carry Firearms (LTCF). Therefore, unless you HAVE a valid PA LTCF or an equivalent from a state with reciprocity, DO NOT bring or carry a firearm!

- Note that if you have any intention of going inside the Capitol Building, ALL prohibited weapons (guns, knives, pepper spray, etc.) must be checked. Make that process go faster by having this Firearms Receipt completely filled out beforehand: http://forum.pafoa.org/attachment.ph...8&d=1357666181 and DO NOT LOSE your portion of the receipt!

Participant Obligations and Expectations
    - As a participant in this public event, all persons must be aware that it will receive a high degree of scrutiny from our Legislators, the press, and the public at large, especially those that oppose our beliefs.
    - A constant state of decorum, dignity, and respect MUST be displayed by us, even if faced with taunts or other torments. We will be baited by our opposition into doing something that can be caught on camera or used in a sound bite...if that were to occur it would destroy our effectiveness. If a situation deteriorates to the point of jeopardizing safety, call 911 or the Capitol Police 717-787-3199. DO NOT ENGAGE IN ANY PHYSICAL CONFRONTATION AT ALL COSTS!
    - We must NOT use profanity or obscene images/gestures in any verbal or visual communication.
    - Dress code: It's the middle of January - DRESS WARM!! But please keep the style of clothing respectable. If you are part of the group meeting with the Legislators, it is common practice to dress "business casual" at the minimum...the inner halls of the Capitol require decorum and respect.
    - Let's be professional. Keep it clean. Keep it cool.
    - When we're done, clean up any litter left behind, it's the decent thing to do.

Communicating the Message - Signs, Banners, Placards
    - Our group needs get our points across, and we can do this in a variety of ways.
    - Several Public Speakers have indicated a willingness to participate in this event. Details will be provided in the Evernote link.
    - Signs, Banners, and Placards; ideas can be discussed here: http://forum.pafoa.org/general-2/198...s-banners.html
    - If you choose to display a sign, please make sure it is legible and spelled correctly. Use BLOCK LETTERS for clarity and keep the message brief. NO INCITEFUL, DEROGATORY, or PROFANE LANGUAGE! Also, note that any signs mounted on wooden sticks or the like are NOT allowed INSIDE the Capitol building
    - Rally Clothing, Hats, and Buttons; can be used to convey a uniformity among the group. Let's post ideas here: http://forum.pafoa.org/general-2/198...s-buttons.html
    - A simple idea to show group unity is to wear a dark blue baseball cap with an American flag on the front, these will stand out among those dressed for the cold wearing overcoats. These hats should be available most anywhere.
    - Use of the Media; post any ideas here: http://forum.pafoa.org/general-2/198...-coverage.html

Firearms
    - Handguns may be carried OC or CC; however please use a secure holster, in other words, no 'gangster style'.
    - Refer to the Capitol Rules and Regulations above for checking of handguns and SOE specifics.
    - Long guns: In preparation for this event, some organizers traveled to the Capitol and met with several State Representatives. These Representatives have a track record of being pro-2A and have indicated their support of this rally. However, it was made clear that given the current emotional environment of the public, carriage of long guns by participants would be a liability for this event at the present time. Therefore it is requested that participants DO NOT carry long guns at this rally. More information on this decision can be found in this post http://forum.pafoa.org/pennsylvania-...ml#post2243604 and also this one http://forum.pafoa.org/pennsylvania-...ml#post2243689 .

Carpooling Information
    - Many people have indicated their willingness to help with carpooling, which is greatly appreciated!
    - Refer to the "Regional" forums for your particular area, there may already be a thread started.
    - We are also trying to centralize this information by using this thread:
    http://forum.pafoa.org/pennsylvania-...ml#post2248166

(Reserved for Future Use)

This is our ACTION thread. It will continue to be updated as the situation warrants.

Thanks to all of you who are showing your support; there has never been a time like now where we ALL MUST RALLY TOGETHER!
    Last edited by donstrom; January 21st, 2013 at 01:30 AM.
    (Member NRA & GOA)

(Westmoreland County)

Default Re: Harrisburg 23JAN2013 - Part 2 - ACTION!!

Thank you, Don, for that very detailed and well-written description of the Rally and details!

I will hold this post position for any special notices that may need placed.

UPDATE 1/18/2013: 0038

UPDATE: GROUPS!!!

Have a group? IF you are willing to take the responsibility for your group- make sure they get the latest info, no LGs, responsible attire, meeting times and places, etc....

You only have to register ONE PERSON, with a headcount so we know how many to expect total. Just include your totals when registering and keep me updated as your numbers grow.

This is important for a number of reasons, including the free stuff available.

Did he say FREE STUFF?

Yes I did! We are not an organization, so don't expect much, but we are working on arranging some FREE STUFF that gun owners will appreciate!

We have made SIGNIFICANT PROGRESS on the rally to date. Anyone who comes to the rally will be PROUD of the displays (did he say "displays"? What could that mean? Gotta come to find out!) you will see AT and IN the Capitol Building.

Did he say "IN" the building?

Yes, I did! But you gotta come to the rally to see what we're talking about

Can't say too much, but you'll be GLAD you have a firearm you can check and enter the Capitol!

BTW, we ARE making arrangements to allow people to "rotate" between inside and outside so nobody gets "stuck out in the cold for 4 hours"

Ever see a legislative SESSION while it is IN SESSION? Responsible Citizens (who are quiet and respectful) can come in and watch a little, if they like. Short times, please. Limited space and we still have the rally and "work" to do

A couple more surprises will be announced shortly, too, but you need to register to see them all!
    Last edited by PreserveandProtect; January 18th, 2013 at 01:38 AM. Reason: Added updates!
    I Dial 1911

(Armstrong County)

I just got word back that my friend and State Rep Jeff Pyle will speak at the rally

Ed
    FeedBack: https://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.p...ight=edstephan
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3790&dateline=1331561  797An OathKeeper and OC Activist, 1 of the 3%, Ed Stephan

(Berks County)

Since Don wants this thread to be a summary of the event and other details, I'm closing it to prevent clutter. It will be opened/updated as needed. Please continue discussion here:

http://forum.pafoa.org/pennsylvania-...100-start.html
    Last edited by ChamberedRound; January 14th, 2013 at 01:04 PM.
    "Political Correctness is just tyranny with manners"
    -Charlton Heston

"[The Constitution preserves] the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation...(where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."
    -James Madison, Federalist Papers, No. 46.

"America does not go abroad in search of monsters to destroy." [sic]
    -John Quincy Adams

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Μολών λαβέ!
    -King Leonidas

(Bucks County)

Reserved for flyers and posters for the rally.
    Will be posting tomorrow after approval from other organizers.
    <-Click For My Youtube [Don't waive your rights with your flags. -Sage Francis]

(Luzerne County)

If there are posters available for this event, I could and would post them on the job site. Please PM me with details.

(Dauphin County)

Sent an email about my interest in coming with anywhere between 2 and 5 of my friends. Just wanted to let you guys know on the page too.

(Delaware County)

seems 0900 is the rally time but where????????????
    or should we all just park where ever and meet at the capitol out front?

(Allegheny County)

Question Re: Harrisburg 23JAN2013 - Part 2 - ACTION!!

Hi! Sorry if I post this in the wrong place, but I am trying to do quite a few things at the moment...anyway, my point:

I emailed the listed contact yesterday to register myself and a friend, yet have heard nothing back. Should I be expecting a response?? Should I take another course of action?

I saw that we are wearing blue??

Please forgive me as this is my first rally, however I highly doubt it will be my last...any help is greatly appreciated.

I just joined the site last night, so my navigation is not very good.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by bclark View Post
    Hi! Sorry if I post this in the wrong place, but I am trying to do quite a few things at the moment...anyway, my point:

I emailed the listed contact yesterday to register myself and a friend, yet have heard nothing back. Should I be expecting a response?? Should I take another course of action?

I saw that we are wearing blue??

Please forgive me as this is my first rally, however I highly doubt it will be my last...any help is greatly appreciated.

I just joined the site last night, so my navigation is not very good.
    Feel free to email the address jan23@stopthemobs.com again and explain the situation. We have had such an immense amount of people flooding in that it may be hard to respond to each and every email every single day, but fear not, We will respond!

Thank you for the interest and any questions feel free to also contact me here.
    <-Click For My Youtube [Don't waive your rights with your flags. -Sage Francis]

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast