Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
    (Chester County)

Default Re: Harrisburg 23JAN2013 - Part 2 - ACTION!!

What's most important is that our legislators saw our numbers and hear us.

Congratulations to everyone whom braved the cold today, made signs, organized the event, and visited with legislators.

Adam, if you happen to be out there: It was nice meeting you today. We walked over from the island parking together. Hope you made it to work on time.

(Chester County)

[reesoul;2263663]I was restrained when I was in line to check my firearm and some loony elderly liberal woman passed me in the crowd and told me that my Constable jacket and patch was not real and to remove my jacket at once. I replied that I would do no such thing and just stared at her. She then commented that she didn't understand why so many people needed to carry guns to the Capitol and I replied that she was in the 38th most dangerous city in the country and that she has never been safer in her life as she was at that moment surrounded by so many law abiding armed citizens. Useless fucktard. If my fingers weren't so numb from being in the cold I would have gotten her on video.

Great hanging out with you all.[/QUOTE]

Sorry I didn't see that I was in front of you I remember your jacket sounds like you handled it well

(Chester County)

I don't want to be " that guy" I know they didn't provide much space to unload. But next time folks should point the muzzle at the wall behind the desk, or on the ground .Some people pointed toward the desk facing people coming through the entrance which wouldn't stop a bullet. All we need is ND at the Capitol and it will be all over the news.
    Last edited by Phillygunguy; January 23rd, 2013 at 09:11 PM.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Truck View Post
    Up here in Scranton WNEP16 is talking about the Rally but only showing footage from the Ceasefire rally. I guess I know which side there on.

Saw that too, Funny as hell, yet pathetic at the same time.
    Actually I was interviewed by that guy (channel 16?). He was really nice and apologized for not getting to Harrisburg sooner; he didn't know about our rally at 10. He actually wanted to follow our groups around and video our interactions with state reps. to provide a balanced story. Unfortunately tears sell...

Jeff O'

(Chester County)

I'm curious, did many people get a chance to talk with their legislators? I talked with a number of legislative aids and one legislator. I also received a nice message of support from John Lawrence.

I would be interested in hearing how some of those discussions went.

(York County)

Mine were in session, but I made it a point to stop in to their office and ask their aid to leave a brief note for them saying that I visited them as a Rally goer for the Responsible Citizen Rally, and just wanted to say hi and praise them for their support of our 2A rights.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by freesoul View Post
    I think it was another gunowner who made the comment that it was scary. I was so damn cold I wasn't exactly thinking straight.
    I was the guy holding the door with a giant black beanie on. She definitely said it was a scary jacket. Like you said, she is only motivated by fear- of the unknown and based on what the media is telling her.

It was a great time to see so many brave the elements, and drive ourselves (or get rides), and pay for our own lunches. Unlike some protestors (*cough*CeaseFire*cough*)

Oh and the online stuff Ive found has said 250 for both groups, so that's at least fair.

I got there today right at 9:45 with my youngest son after the 4 1/2 hour drive from Greene county. I thought we had a great showing and it said alot to be there in solidarity, despite the 4 degree weather. I was especially proud to see Tim Solobay from my district as a speaker for our cause.

After checking my sidearm I headed up to Pam Snyders office only to find out she was in caucus, but spoke to a staffer breifly. I was told she is pro-gun and on the "second ammendment committee". I'm going to call her Waynesburg office this week and try to set up an appointment for some one on one time to see exactly what this committee is and more importantly how firm her stance is. I wonder how others did in their respective districts.

This was my first trip to the capitol and I must say looking up at the dome is truely awe inspiring. One of the first things I noticed when standing on the left side of the steps this morning was the inscription credited to Ben Franklin,"those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety". If Ben was looking down on the Capitol today, I'd like to think he would be proud and disgraced at the same time.

(Armstrong County)

FeedBack: https://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.p...ight=edstephan
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3790&dateline=1331561  797An OathKeeper and OC Activist, 1 of the 3%, Ed Stephan

(York County)

I talked to one represenative from delaware county, he was pretty firm on his belief that we don't need "assault rifles".

I talked to Senator Mike Waugh since he is from my district, He pretty much confirmed that he fully supports second amendment rights and is an NRA member. He does not believe that any gun control will pass at the state level and said we should be concerned about the federal government

Stopped at my represenatives office, Ron Miller, I really wanted to discuss the preemtion violation by Springfield Township since that is where his office is and the township solicitor which I believe he is closley related to told me the signs would be removed but they have not. I left a not for him so maybe I will hear something. He is pro gun so I also left some info about Metcalfe new legislation

Does anyone know if the Ceasefire went and talked to anyone? I saw them getting on the bus right after they finished their speeches so I did not think they went around ad talked to people

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast