Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bersa 380

(Lackawanna County)

Default Bersa 380

I was looking at this for my daily carry. I like the size and it looks nice. Does anyone know about this one,
    http://www.gandermountain.com/modper...A&merchID=4006

(Franklin County)

Default Re: Bersa 380

My first carry gun, still have it. very reliable. i would do some price shopping , that looks like that is really overpriced... unless the recent panic has drove the prices up that bad, I've seen them new for around $350
    In God We Trust............................

(Franklin County)

Ive shot them a few times and really like the Bersa 380's. I just suggested this pistol to someone in the thread above yours. I plan on getting one for my wife in the next few months. Great trigger, I really like the ergonomics, small but feels like its enough gun. seems like it would conceal fairly well also.

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by ironhorse View Post
    My first carry gun, still have it. very reliable. i would do some price shopping , that looks like that is really overpriced... unless the recent panic has drove the prices up that bad, I've seen them new for around $350
    That specific one has crimson trace laser grips... hence the $150.00 increase

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by ironhorse View Post
    I'm buying new at $289 Not from Gander...
    Last edited by rickwhoo; January 9th, 2013 at 01:45 PM.

(Chester County)

I have the Bersa Thunder .380 CC, the CC is for concealed carry with a shorter barrel and finger grooves on the grip. It's also an 8+1. Otherwise, it's the same gun, even duo-tone!
    I really like mine because it's small and thin, easy to carry on my belt and not uncomfortable when I sit down, I can also pocket carry if I'm wearing loose pants with deeper pockets. It's never had even a hiccup while firing and seems to love golden sabre ammo.
    It does seem to blemish rather quickly, and I'm constantly on the lookout for rust on the slide (from carrying in the summer when I sweat). Also the trigger linkage is on the outside of the pistol (opposite from the pic) and collects lint and dust on it, never been a problem but I clean with a brush pretty often. Also my CC model has shaved down sights and no laser grip available (because of the finger grooves) so it's a point and shoot rather than target gun... but if you go with the model above neither one of those things will be an issue.
    Bersa manufactures quite a few guns under the "thunder" badge, and most of them are .380s. But just because they look the same doesn't mean the magazines are interchangeable. They may even lock into the mag well, but that does not mean they'll work. So make sure to buy the proper mags if you want extras and they're more than you'd think... I believe mine was $32.
    One more thing, I've read on the forums that a lot of people had trouble breaking them in with the slide acting sluggish and FTE. I'd attribute this to not being cleaned before shooting them for the first time. Bersa uses some sort of Russian surplus style grease, and they aren't stingy with it. That stuff was everywhere and it had to be scrubbed off, not wiped with a rag. So make sure to clean it well as soon as you get it.

PS- Mine was $300 almost a year ago at a gun show.

(Lackawanna County)

It did look kind of greasy.. All over it

(Jefferson County)

I've only seen a handful of complaints about the Bersa Thunder 380.

I bought one about 7-8 years ago and had absolutely no problems with. I trusted it enough to give(legal transfer) it to a GF at the time, now ex-gf but still good friend.

Mean was really accurate and the trigger excellent.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by silkworm View Post
    I have the Bersa Thunder .380 CC, the CC is for concealed carry with a shorter barrel and finger grooves on the grip. It's also an 8+1. Otherwise, it's the same gun, even duo-tone!
    I really like mine because it's small and thin, easy to carry on my belt and not uncomfortable when I sit down, I can also pocket carry if I'm wearing loose pants with deeper pockets. It's never had even a hiccup while firing and seems to love golden sabre ammo.
    It does seem to blemish rather quickly, and I'm constantly on the lookout for rust on the slide (from carrying in the summer when I sweat). Also the trigger linkage is on the outside of the pistol (opposite from the pic) and collects lint and dust on it, never been a problem but I clean with a brush pretty often. Also my CC model has shaved down sights and no laser grip available (because of the finger grooves) so it's a point and shoot rather than target gun... but if you go with the model above neither one of those things will be an issue.
    Bersa manufactures quite a few guns under the "thunder" badge, and most of them are .380s. But just because they look the same doesn't mean the magazines are interchangeable. They may even lock into the mag well, but that does not mean they'll work. So make sure to buy the proper mags if you want extras and they're more than you'd think... I believe mine was $32.
    One more thing, I've read on the forums that a lot of people had trouble breaking them in with the slide acting sluggish and FTE. I'd attribute this to not being cleaned before shooting them for the first time. Bersa uses some sort of Russian surplus style grease, and they aren't stingy with it. That stuff was everywhere and it had to be scrubbed off, not wiped with a rag. So make sure to clean it well as soon as you get it.

PS- Mine was $300 almost a year ago at a gun show.
    I think the Thunder CC also has a different grip angle which also has a different magazine angle - so, from what I've read the standard Thunder mags don't work in the CC and vice-versa.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Perry County)

I have a Thunder .380 duo tone that I have been considering getting rid of. I think I want to 'upgrade' to a 9mm. I was decided on either getting a Kahr CM9 or S&W Shield in 9mm, right up until I hit the range with my Bersa again. I still think I'm going to pick up either a single stack 9mm or a pocket .380, but I don't think I'm getting rid of the Bersa anymore. I enjoy shooting it too much - it is small, doesn't have a bad recoil at all, and the trigger pull is just nice.
    - I support Israel; "If guns kill people my pencil causes bad spelling."

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast