Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Erie County)

Default even here in corry!!

http://www.erietvnews.com/story/2052...-home-invasion

Police Search for Suspects in Corry Home Invasion

Posted: Jan 07, 2013 12:35 PM EST
    Updated: Jan 07, 2013 12:49 PM EST
    By Nicole Uhlendorff - email
    Police have charged one man, and have issued arrest warrants for three other suspects in a reported home invasion robbery.

It happened around 7 p.m. on Friday at a home on Chord Road in Corry. Police say four to five people stormed into the residence and demanded prescription drugs. One of the home owners was held at gunpoint and assaulted. The suspects ran off with a purse that contained prescriptions and cash.

Police arrested 22 year old Branden Lindenberger. He is facing several charges including robbery and assault. Arrest warrants have been issued for Richard Akers Jr., Alyssa Fisher, and Amanda Fisher, all of Corry.

Anyone with information is asked to call Corry Police at 814-664-2222.

these criminals broke into someones house and stole GUNS (PLURAL) and then took them to this home invasion and held the homeowner hostage at gunpoint till they got the prescription drugs.

as well put in another thread here ""When studies show that even "trained" policemen miss greater than 50% of the time that they shoot and that home invasions typically involve 3-4 bad guys, how is a homeowner supposed to defend himself and his family against such a disparity of force, when all they have is a 5-shot revolver"

this i belives proves to me even localy in my small town of mabey 5000. home invasions can be and will be by MULTIPLE armed individuals. how is haveing a low capacity magazine going to keep me safe??
    live to ride

(Warren County)

Default Re: even here in corry!!

I grew up in Youngsville not far from you, hard to believe that crimes like the are reaching rural America. I still read the Warren Times Observer online and check the on the record part of paper just to see what's going on.
    Last edited by chez323; January 12th, 2013 at 10:36 PM.
    Tim , USAF Ret.

I understand the revolver point, but wanted to point out that I would rather have a fully loaded shotgun compared to a semiautomatic pistol with fourteen rounds. (most of the time) People who are addicted to opiates are found in every town across the Commonwealth, sometimes even more so than in the "big" cities.
    Jules

(Lackawanna County)

i actually grew up in the canadohta lake/union city area. You really shouldnt be surprised by this at all. lol

(Erie County)

shotgun...check...sharpened boar spear and 6 ft claymore mounted on walls...check.... lol...seriously it comes from the stand point...there is reasonable argument about weapons for citizens that "equalize" the level of threat and allow for multiple invaders. citizens need to be able to meet force with force and not find themselves backed into a corner with a ..opps..."i got to reload", or ..."that's all i got...go easy on me would ya" all because "they" say we don't "need" to have that much flexibility.
    live to ride