Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Default Re: Magazine ban for national reciprocity?

I'll give them the finger, they can give me a dirty look. My compromise.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by PowerPM View Post
    Compromise is a battle but not the end of the war. Not everyone agrees with compromise but the founding fathers were not a 100% majority 100% of the time.
    Compromise and "Common Sense measures" are why we are this situation in the first place.... Not one more inch!!!!!!!!
    When you are called a racist, it just means you won an argument with an Obama supporter.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    I gotta unsubscribe before my eyes start to bleed.
    Nooooooo
    http://forum.pafoa.org/feedback-109/193181-harty.html

Common Sense isnt that common among people

(Beaver County)

The problem is that we keep giving, and they keep taking. Sure, they may say it will be a trade, but how long until they take back what they "gave us" Our government has a LONG history of breaking agreements that it makes... I, for one, don't trust them at all.

I will keep my high-capacity magazines and stay out of states that don't let me carry.

(Lebanon County)

If they repeal the NFA, GCA, and the '86 MG ban then I'll agree to a ban on GQ, Cosmopolitan, and Maxim. That's all the compromise I'm willing to do.
    If you don't know who your state legislators are go here:
    http://www.legis.state.pa.us/index.cfm
    put your zip plus 4 in the box in the upper right hand corner.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by ReconLdr View Post
    Compromise and "Common Sense measures" are why we are this situation in the first place.... Not one more inch!!!!!!!!
    Common sense is subjective... My common sense says, don't drink and drive, carry as many magazines as possible, dont look in the mirror and say, "Candyman" three times. Some one else's common sense might not be my common sense.

What they are coming at us with is "majority sense". What we need is GLADD and others to speak up anout their inabilty to defend themselves due to hate crimes etc to be on our side so that we get the protection of liberals defending a helpless minority.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mongo85 View Post
    Ok, let's tweak the question some. What would you be willing to give in order to gain national reciprocity? Something similar to acquiring a Class 3 stamp? Undertaking training requirements? Actually getting Washington to read, recognize, and enforce the Second Amendment? (That would be ideal, but remember, it's Washington we're talking about.)

Please go to Kinzua Dam. The water behind it covers land that was deeded to a tribe of Native Americans by a treaty almost as old as the Republic. "As long as the rivers shall flow this land will be your land".

Today they don't live on that land. Fish swim over it.

Please - let's just put this idea of "Let's make a deal" to bed, shall we? You cannot make deals with dishonorable people. I trust my own Congress person. The entire body as a group is not completely trust worthy.

I expect them to make promises while preparing to break them.

If you have doubts of the truth of my assertions Kinzua Dam is there to prove my point.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by truecrimson View Post
    If they repeal the NFA, GCA, and the '86 MG ban then I'll agree to a ban on GQ, Cosmopolitan, and Maxim. That's all the compromise I'm willing to do.
    Add getting rid of the ATF to your list then I'd be willing to accept that compromise.

(Westmoreland County)

What they are coming at us with is "majority sense".
    Sorry to speak my piece - I don't agree here.

What they are doing is pretending to speak for the majority of Americans who do not own guns.

I think a slender Majority of Americans do not care about guns. They do not own them, don't bother with them and don't notice them because most guns sit in safes, drawers or holsters not bothering anyone. These people know that guns aren't a problem because they do not see a problem.

Bed wetters, Nanny State bullies and Control Freaks are trying to manufacture consensus. Babies tossed from Incubators, Remember the Maine and so on. These people are pretending to speak for the majority.

If the Majority of Americans did not want us gun owners to own guns the ATF and local Police would be at our doors. No ifs, ands or buts about it.

What we need is GLADD and others to speak up anout their inabilty to defend themselves due to hate crimes etc to be on our side so that we get the protection of liberals defending a helpless minority.

Many of them are or would be, if they did not associate "gun owners" with "conservative". I heard a story from one friend who got harassed by a gay activist because he joined the NRA. The person said to him, "You joined the NRA, I guess this means that you oppose AIDS research?".

How on Earth this person put that together I don't know....

Ridiculous really - I know quite a few Conservatives who HATE GUNS. Sure it's possible.... some Conservatives think that guns are dangerous and that only the Police should have them. I still remember William F. Buckley writing an article about "banning handguns". He concluded by saying, "The person who can outlaw handguns ought to have their face carved on Mt. Rushmore".

I also know Liberals who like to shoot, go hunting and a few who conceal carry. I remember having a debate about abortion with a guy who was cleaning his papered MP-5 sub machine gun.
    Last edited by GeneCC; January 8th, 2013 at 11:28 PM.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by GeneCC View Post
    Sorry to speak my piece - I don't agree here.

What they are doing is pretending to speak for the majority of Americans who do not own guns.

I think a slender Majority of Americans do not care about guns. They do not own them, don't bother with them and don't notice them because most guns sit in safes, drawers or holsters not bothering anyone. These people know that guns aren't a problem because they do not see a problem.

Bed wetters, Nanny State bullies and Control Freaks are trying to manufacture consensus. Babies tossed from Incubators, Remember the Maine and so on. These people are pretending to speak for the majority.

If the Majority of Americans did not want us gun owners to own guns the ATF and local Police would be at our doors. No ifs, ands or buts about it.

Many of them are or would be, if they did not associate "gun owners" with "conservative". I heard a story from one friend who got harassed by a gay activist because he joined the NRA. The person said to him, "You joined the NRA, I guess this means that you oppose AIDS research?".

How on Earth this person put that together I don't know....

Ridiculous really - I know quite a few Conservatives who HATE GUNS. Sure it's possible.... some Conservatives think that guns are dangerous and that only the Police should have them. I still remember William F. Buckley writing an article about "banning handguns". He concluded by saying, "The person who can outlaw handguns ought to have their face carved on Mt. Rushmore".

I also know Liberals who like to shoot, go hunting and a few who conceal carry. I remember having a debate about abortion with a guy who was cleaning his papered MP-5 sub machine gun.
    Very well written...+1 to you. My statement about majority sense is that the constitution is written to PROTECT the minority. Public opinion is still polling that WE are the minority but yet our rights are being questioned. Until more minorities sign up and see that all of our rights will be under attack from public majority opinion we will have an uphill battle to win the war.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast