Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: CDS Arms, INC

(Westmoreland County)

Default CDS Arms, INC

Dealt with CDS Arms for an interstate transfer of two longguns after finding his listing on CheaperThanDirt's FFL lookup (wanted someone closer than GROPA and cheaper than the bankrobbers charging $35 per gun in the Latrobe area).

Guns arrived, Cory at CDS emailed me, picked them up no problem, and for a rate that is uncommonly sensible for the area.

The owner, Cory, is a polite, and knowledgeable person, and it was an absolute pleasure dealing with him. He doesn't have a store front but for doing transfers and custom orders, it's perfectly fine with me.

CDSARMS.COM
    This space for rent.... to Conservatives.

(Westmoreland County)

Default Re: CDS Arms, INC

Thank ya good sir. It was nice meeting you and your wife.
    CDS ARMS.com - 'LIKE' Us - MG Rentals - Colt Defense AR-15 & Glock Certified Armorer

(Pike County)

Default Re: CDS Arms, INC

I just made a whole thread reviewing CDS Arms but it was deleted over a ridiculous technicality. Anyway Cory contacted me via PM while I was researching the Magpul MBUS on PAFOA offering me a great price (Including free shipping) so last Friday I decided to give Cory's business a shot. I placed my order over the phone talking directly with Cory who was very friendly and professional, it was one of the best experiences I had buying firearm related items to date. Shortly after making the purchase I got my receipt and tracking number via E-Mail. The package arrived today (Thursday) and I have to say everything worked out great with the purchase, I will be doing business with Cory again in the future. I highly recommend CDS Arms for your needs.
    Sanity, yours if you can keep it.....

(Westmoreland County)

Default Re: CDS Arms, LLC

Thanks a lot Chris, it was nice speaking with you and doing business with you as well! Good customers make it easy lol.
    CDS ARMS.com - 'LIKE' Us - MG Rentals - Colt Defense AR-15 & Glock Certified Armorer

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by csementuh View Post
    Thanks a lot Chris, it was nice speaking with you and doing business with you as well! Good customers make it easy lol.

Have used CDS for a few more transfers, and a other one coming up this week.

No problems. Responds to emails in the middle of the day or night. Quick to fax his ffL if/when I request it.

Schedules promptly when firearms arrive (also a big plus over other similar FFL's who often wait several days to schedule)... Cory has often scheduled with me to pickup only hours after UPS/FedEx has dropped off.

He actually cut a range trip short last time so he could work around my schedule.

If you live in Westmoreland County, he's who you should use.

Did I mention $20 long gun transfers....? Not per firearm.... $20 total per transaction.
    This space for rent.... to Conservatives.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Dasbalddog View Post
    Have used CDS for a few more transfers, and a other one coming up this week.

No problems. Responds to emails in the middle of the day or night. Quick to fax his ffL if/when I request it.

Schedules promptly when firearms arrive (also a big plus over other similar FFL's who often wait several days to schedule)... Cory has often scheduled with me to pickup only hours after UPS/FedEx has dropped off.

He actually cut a range trip short last time so he could work around my schedule.

If you live in Westmoreland County, he's who you should use.

Did I mention $25 long gun transfers....?.
    Thanks for the positive rep Frank!

Looks like you'll have more fun toys coming in tomorrow.

I wanted to quickly clarify the transfer policy for the readers out there is PAFOA land.

TRANSFER FEES
    -No tranfer fees for firearms purchased through us!
    -Firearm receivers treated the same as the intended finished firearm. (If something require a PA State Police ROS form, it's a handgun)
    -$25 cash for long-gun. Additional long-gun $5 each in same transaction.
    -$25 cash for handgun. Additional handgun $10 each in same transaction.
    -$60 cash for NFA Title II guns. Includes ATF Form 4 paperwork preparation and secure storage while your paperwork is in process. No fees on NFA when you buy direct from us!

For instance, you need 2 long-guns transferred at the same time, it's simply $30.
    If you need a handgun and a long-gun transferred, again it's $30.
    If you need two handguns transferred it is $35.
    If you need a handgun and two long-guns transferred it's $35.

Easy and reasonable! Any questions feel free to email or check the website. We are always happy to help!

www.cdsarms.com
    Last edited by cds_arms; March 15th, 2013 at 08:44 PM.

(Allegheny County)

Just wanted to bump this up and say Cory has been incredibly helpful in my searches for things. It started a couple months ago with searching for a 300BLK AR and he's gone above and beyond to help. Would recommend him without a second thought!