(Jefferson County)

Default Irwin's GUNS & AMMO - Sykesville, PA

Irwin's GUNS & AMMO
    121 East Main St
    Sykesville, Pennsylvania 15865

Phone (814) 894-5022
    Email irwinsguns@yahoo.com
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Irwins...05580376204874

My Christmas present was located and acquired by Craig Irwin of Irwins Guns & Ammo. His transfer and profit above the actual cost to get the gun was VERY respectable.

He took the liberty of looking for the H&R 925 after some small talk, without even setting a deal for him to find one.. We were already friends on FaceBook, so he messaged me later in the day with a picture of the gun I wanted(long out of production), asked if I wanted it, I said "hell yeah", and he made sure I got it.

When I went to pick up the H&R 925 I also took my AMT Backup II 380 to have shipped to a dealer in FL for my dad. Craig only charged $20 to ship the gun - much cheaper than personally shipping with Fedex or UPS.

His selection isn't big. Only a few handguns and maybe a dozen or two long guns, but his prices are very good. His ammo - not a big selection, but has the basics, and his prices also beat most of his competitors in the general vicinity for the very same items. If you're looking for wood gun cabinets, he buys and sells new & used cabinets. He'll order you anything he can get his hands on.

I'll continue to give him business.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Elk County)

Default Re: Irwin's GUNS & AMMO - Sykesville, PA

I've bought only one used rifle so far from Craig, but he's good people and I always stop and see what's new when I'm driving by or even close by.

Besides, I have a soft spot for the small dealers just starting out.

Noah
    Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times.

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by Noah_Zark View Post
    I've bought only one used rifle so far from Craig, but he's good people and I always stop and see what's new when I'm driving by or even close by.

Besides, I have a soft spot for the small dealers just starting out.

Noah
    Yeah, he's good people for sure.

I too have a soft spot for small dealers and mom & pop shops.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

(Somerset County)

Damn! Didn't even know this place existed or I would have stopped in while visiting home. My parents only live 3 miles from Sykesville.

Dale

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by dk99358 View Post
    Damn! Didn't even know this place existed or I would have stopped in while visiting home. My parents only live 3 miles from Sykesville.

Dale
    The best parking is right behind Craig's small pickup beside the building.

He doesn't have much right now because he's only been open a year or so and uses sales money to get more inventory - but he will order what you want from distributors, work the auctions like GunBroker for you(you set your limit), or look for the gun you want in other places.

If you have to ship a gun - I seriously recommend shipping with him over shipping things directly via UPS or Fedex.

(Somerset County)

That was the best parking spot way back when it was Baileys Cycle Shop. Some things never change!

Dale

(Jefferson County)

Craig is pretty much cleaned out of ammo. Pretty much only pistol shotshells, a few boxes of typical hunting rifle ammo, and a few boxes of shotgun shells left.

Today I grabbed one of the last (2) .32S&W Long 25rnd wadcutters that he had left for $14.99.