Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lancaster County)

Default Reading huffpost comments gets scary!

If this is the mindset, truly frightening: " If mentally ill people are not legally allowed to own guns (per court cases attached to the second amendment), why are we not requiring all gun owners to undergo periodic mental health evaluations? If you want a gun - or want to keep one or more you already own - you should be willing and able to be certified as qualified. Drivers' licenses have to be renewed, why not gun licenses? Too expensive? Too bad. If you want to comply with the second amendment, it should be your responsibility."
    What part of shall not be infringed do they not get?
    I would be interested in seeing other interesting comments! I can only read them so long before it gets to me.

Default Re: Reading huffpost comments gets scary!

Quote Originally Posted by dodgefolks View Post
    I would be interested in seeing other interesting comments! I can only read them so long before it gets to me.
    I agree, do something better with your time. I respectfully suggest we email politicians encouraging them to protect our rights. But the stress of what you are reading (the opinions of people that can not carry on an insightful discussion) will exhaust you when you need to stay strong, it is FAR from over and its going to be a grueling next couple years.
    Last edited by Lazylaser; January 9th, 2013 at 08:46 PM.
    In order to get intelligent answers you must speak intelligently.

(Bucks County)

The only thing worse than OMao are OMao supporters.
    Its easier to fool people than to convince them they've been fooled....Mark Twain

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by dodgefolks View Post
    If this is the mindset, truly frightening: " If mentally ill people are not legally allowed to own guns (per court cases attached to the second amendment), why are we not requiring all gun owners to undergo periodic mental health evaluations? If you want a gun - or want to keep one or more you already own - you should be willing and able to be certified as qualified. Drivers' licenses have to be renewed, why not gun licenses? Too expensive? Too bad. If you want to comply with the second amendment, it should be your responsibility."
    What part of shall not be infringed do they not get?

Anonymous posters are free to write whatever non-sense tip toes across their "brains". If people really felt this way we would have had our rights curtailed years and years ago.

Let's examine an extreme case, one that enrages almost everyone....

NAMBLA..... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_A...ve_Association

These characters do not have a Lobbyist group. There is no NRA for them.

What they "do" is expressly forbidden by law almost anywhere in the western world. Most parents would be reaching for a blunt instrument, an edged weapon or a firearm if one of these guys came around their kids.

These guys are genuinely hated by most people. Even prisoners in prison despise them and will hurt them if they catch them.

In contrast what we Gun Owners do is legal in most of the US. We rarely if ever encounter hostility. Many Americans are us. We are as American as the Nation itself.

We need to focus on what is right in front of us. Most Americans do not care about us or they support us.

Only a tiny number of radicals hate our guts. Right now they're feeling powerful and opening their mouths. We'll show them who has the power and the numbers.

We need to be Polite Persistent Pains in the Ass to our Representatives and Senators.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by PocketProtector View Post
    The only thing worse than OMao are OMao supporters.
    They sure do get frisky and brave when someone winds their springs and aims them at something, don't they?

Let's hope that the Obama supporters are as "effective" as the "Occupy" movement, which seemed to accomplish nothing except acquiring lung infections and becoming a legion of embarrassments. Many of them wanted to "change the world" but as a group they were incapable of going to the bathroom indoors, were beaten and raped by street transients and in the end acquired "Occupy Lung".

Unlike their ancestors the "Bonus Army" this legion of rabble never faced war, never was promised anything and in many cases were Trust Fund Babies "looking for relevance".

Best of all nobody attacked them with Adamsite and burned down their Occupy tent cities. The poor darlings got "evicted".

They got cold feet, literally, and then failed miserably.

Keep the pressure ON folks!