Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Juniata County)

Default January 19th Gun Control = More Crime Rally

Just wanted to see if anyone on here is currently planning on attending this event and if anyone knows who the contact man for PA is for this event. This event is only 11 days away and I honestly haven't seen much Public Info on it.

(Lebanon County)

Default Re: January 19th Gun Control = More Crime Rally

I had not heard of this event. Can you share any more information on it? Where did you hear about it?
    If you don't know who your state legislators are go here:
    http://www.legis.state.pa.us/index.cfm
    put your zip plus 4 in the box in the upper right hand corner.

(Allegheny County)

"Having a gun and thinking you are armed is like having a piano and thinking you are a musician" Col. Jeff Cooper (U.S.M.C. Ret.)
    Speed is fine, Accuracy is final

I am thinking about going. I have to get in touch with the contact in PA to find out were we meet up.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Metaldemon7 View Post
    I am thinking about going. I have to get in touch with the contact in PA to find out were we meet up.
    Ryan Wallace; Walllee814@gmail.com
    "Having a gun and thinking you are armed is like having a piano and thinking you are a musician" Col. Jeff Cooper (U.S.M.C. Ret.)
    Speed is fine, Accuracy is final

Hi, Nutnfancy is calling for a - CALL TO ACTION: March on State Capitols, 19 Jan, 2013! See his video at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUAfft7l4wQ

Also visit: www.guncontrolmorecrime.com

A quote from the website:

Please attend the "Guns Across America" rally on Jan. 19, 2013, at your state capital building. This event starts at "high noon" local time. I'm posting a link for the event, and for my Facebook page, "Gun Control = More Crime." Please America, I implore you to stand up for our 2nd amendment rights. Our voices must be heard.

http://www.facebook.com/GunControlMoreCrime

http://www.facebook.com/GunControlMo...4639815690301/

Lawful gun owners use their weapon reluctantly, and only in the gravest of danger. They exercise skill and discipline with their defensive training. Unlike police, a lawful gun owner will never give you a speeding ticket, or tax you to provide you with protection.

Responsible gun owners have always acted as peacekeepers in society.

We acknowledge our responsibility to our well-being, and those around us. We acknowledge that laws are not followed by criminals, and valiantly stand opposed to restrictions on the tools we legally use for defense.

American Gun Owners.
    Armed, trained, and peaceful.

Hi, Nutnfancy is also calling for: CALL TO ACTION: Write Congressmen

Watch This Video -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcjL-6LrsYM

Published on Jan 9, 2013
    Series of many Calls to Action (CTAs) here in TNP as we work as a unified team to defeat anti-self defense gun legislation in 2013. The proposed AWB seeks to criminalize millions of good Americans is a power grabbing, Marxist attempt at people control. We stand and be counted NOW, no cower in our houses hoping for the best and ranting anonymously on the internet about shit that doesn't matter. This matters, do it. Watch video for details.

Contact your Representative here:

http://www.house.gov/representatives/find/

Senator here:

http://www.senate.gov/general/contac...nators_cfm.cfm

LETTER FOLLOWS fell free to change it as you want:
    ----------------

Dear Congressman: (Name)

As you know, Congress is shockingly considering GUN LEGISLATION that will make enemies into millions of its citizens, breaching a trust long held. I urge to stand for individual liberty and trust in the citizenry, just like our Constitution affirms and clearly outlines.

I urge you with the greatest commitment to VOTE AGAINST the AWB and any other legislation that purposes registration and banning of so-called "Assault Weapons." These firearms are in tens of millions of households, held by good citizens, keeping the peace, and preserving their liberty. The percentage of criminal use of these guns is infinitesimal and statistically insignificant.

More importantly these proposed laws registering and banning this broad category of guns will have no affect on crime. As we saw in the CT massacre at Sandy Hook, criminals will steal their guns, ignore ALL laws, and in the end probably use other destructive devices to kill people (buses, cars, poisons, homemade bombs, etc).

The only effective solution to these killers is an immediate armed response, just like civilian Nick Meli in a mall in Clackamas, OR. With his Glock, he foiled a mass shooting, saved lives. An armed civilian stops these mass killings! ARMED TEACHERS ARE THE ANSWER, NOT criminalizing millions of good Americans. That will cause much greater problems. But this isn't about guns or greater public safety, or stopping the killings, it's about people control. This is much more ominous.

The fingerprinting, registration, and guaranteed future control of an owner of this type of firearm VIOLATES the Second Amendment. It is a glaring manifestation of an overreaching, out of control government...the very thing which our founders feared and wished to prevent. This destruction of the 2nd Amendment will have a domino effect. Other rights will also be attacked, weakened, and outright eliminated. In the future this could lead to civic unrest, deadly confrontations with law enforcement, and more.

This or other "assault weapons bans" will be unenforceable as well. In the end, only the criminals and the government will be armed. Is that what you want? In determining the course of this country this might be your most important vote ever. Firmly PRESERVE GUN OWNERS RIGHTS and accept no compromise. I thank you for your past support in this area; it's time to do it again as the anti-freedom forceS are always on the march. I will watch your vote will great interest and gratefully support you in future elections for your defense of our Constitution.

Sincerely,
    (Your Name)

(Lackawanna County)

I'd love to go, but how many elected officials are going to be in any state capitol on a Saturday?

(Chester County)

I am going and my car is full with fellow patriots. I am not a religious man, but I am praying when I show up I don't realize I am truly alone, but instead revitalized by thousands of voices besides my own. Liberals and anti gunners have pushed far enough over the years, it is time to push back.

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by Truck View Post
    I'd love to go, but how many elected officials are going to be in any state capitol on a Saturday?
    I think the focus is getting a larger turnout, thus Saturday. Besides, do the politicians really care what the public sentiment actually is. They have already decided what side benefits them the most.

Be safe (and take the day off).

Scott

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast