Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: M&P45

Default M&P45

just want to see what the general thoughts on these are... I'm looking to get one this week or next so need some info on them. I like them as far as looks and feel but haven't fired one yet...

(Westmoreland County)

Default Re: M&P45

Quote Originally Posted by *Klutch* View Post
    just want to see what the general thoughts on these are... I'm looking to get one this week or next so need some info on them. I like them as far as looks and feel but haven't fired one yet...
    Mine shot incredibly well right out of the box. As well as my Glock 23 that i have shot for 15 years. The slightly longer sight radius helps, i'm sure, but i love the M&P in 45. A lot of guys feel the triggers are a bit gritty when new, but i did not feel that with mine. I also picked up a compact frame 45 but havent shot it yet.
    Last edited by VooDoo1VooDoo1; January 8th, 2013 at 04:27 PM. Reason: Darn phone spelling!

(Centre County)

Mine was great. It look good compared to standard length M&P9 I had at the time.

Trigger SUCK! Mine was real early model. Trigger on them were like 10lb.
    I had Berwell Trigger job on it(this was pre-Apex drop in trigger days), and it was great shooter after that.

I would gradly buy another one, now that great drop in trigger kits are easily available
    Audemus jura nostra defendere

(Susquehanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by *Klutch* View Post
    I like them as far as looks and feel but haven't fired one yet...
    Well, once you've bought one and wrung it out properly at the range, come back and give us a full report. I'm still trying to decide between the full size M&P 45 or an XDM 5.25 (.45 ACP).

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities".

(Luzerne County)

Mine has always been a great and reliable shooter. It is currently one of my goto guns in the house. I did not like the stock trigger, it was gritty, mushy and the reset was too long. I dropped an Apex in and fixed the grit and the reset but the mush is still there. I'm also looking to put the Apex aluminum trigger in which has a safety more like the Glock trigger. FWIW hardly any of my pistols have stock triggers in them so don't hold it against the m&p specifically.

I have not given them a side by side comparison but the m&p feels substantially narrower overall than my Glock 21.
    Let us hope for the best, but let us also prepare for the worst.

(Monroe County)

100% reliable out of the box. As mentioned before Terrible trigger. Over 7lbs
    And gritty.

Installed the apex sear, takes it down to about 4.5 lbs.

I found both triggers to be terrible to me so the triggers are on a scale to me.. The Glock was a crisper suck and the XD was a more mushy suck. They are in the same family, SR9 (heavy suck), Glock (crisp heavy suck), XD( lighter mushy suck), M&P(heavy mushy suck).

I got one! I picked up a threaded barrel 5" model that also comes with a non threaded barrel. I'll shoot it this weekend to see what it's all about but you guys were right what a suck ass trigger. What the hell! Such a nice gun and in the beloved .45 ACP and to come off with a trigger like it was built on a beach. I'll shoot it til it bothers me enough to but the Apex kit.

(Northumberland County)

I love mine...easily my favorite pistol on the market now. I have the 4.5 full size version and it shoots like a dream. This pistol does not recoil like a .45, S&W did a great job on the recoil springs. I added a talon grip and have the apex sear ordered.

(Northumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by csmith View Post

I have not given them a side by side comparison but the m&p feels substantially narrower overall than my Glock 21.
    Jeff Quinn did a great side by side on gunblast.com

(McKean County)

Couple years back I held the XDM and the M&P45FS and it was night and day different. The XDM grip was fine until I held the M&P, it just fit my hand so well I bought the M&P right there. My trigger was very gritty and had 3 "high spots" and I sent an email to S&W customer service about it. They sent me a label and fixed the trigger so it is a LOT better. It is easy to shoot and comes to aim well. I might still go with an APEX kit, but for now for my defensive uses it is fine.
    Marty near God's Country. Making good people defenseless doesn’t make bad people harmless.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast