Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: EDC question

(Erie County)

Default EDC question

I'm new to the forum and have a question about my EDC choice. I am only 20 so I don't have my LTCF but will be getting it on my birthday. I was gifted a Springfield XDm 3.8" compact last year and have gotten very comfortable with it and can shoot pretty well with it. My question is does anyone use this as their EDC and is it comfortable and easy to conceal or should I consider getting something a little different. Also if it is easy to carry what holsters do those of you that have a xdm use. I am looking into a Cross Breed Super Tuck because my friends like them for their guns. Thanks for any input.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: EDC question

The 3" XD subcompact is my EDC, so fairly close. It is very easy to conceal. I am looking into a new holster, and it should arrive from kholsters.com any day now. Similar design to the Crossbreed, with good reviews and less expensive.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by dj5481 View Post
    I'm new to the forum and have a question about my EDC choice. I am only 20 so I don't have my LTCF but will be getting it on my birthday. I was gifted a Springfield XDm 3.8" compact last year and have gotten very comfortable with it and can shoot pretty well with it. My question is does anyone use this as their EDC and is it comfortable and easy to conceal or should I consider getting something a little different. Also if it is easy to carry what holsters do those of you that have a xdm use. I am looking into a Cross Breed Super Tuck because my friends like them for their guns. Thanks for any input.
    Same gun I carry. I use a iwb from this place http://theisholsters.com/ . I find the holster to be very comfortable. He makes great belts too.

For OWB I just picked up a Desantis Viper for my Colt Defender.

I think the model pistol you're referring to is what Desantis calls the 4".

Here are their paddle holster choices for that particular pistol:

http://www.desantisholster.com/store...ADDLE-HOLSTERS

Cheers,
    afd

ETA, welcome to the forum!

(Chester County)

I have a xd sc as my EDC. I typically use a don Hume belt holster but when I feel like a I really want to conceal I use a cross bread supertuck. This has been my set up for almost 3 years. Don't get to hung up on being super concealed no one ever notices even when I'm printing like a cannon.
    WHEN DEMOCRACY TURNS TO TYRANNY, THE ARMED CITIZEN STILL GETS TO VOTE

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by B.A. View Post
    I have a xd sc as my EDC. I typically use a don Hume belt holster but when I feel like a I really want to conceal I use a cross bread supertuck. This has been my set up for almost 3 years. Don't get to hung up on being super concealed no one ever notices even when I'm printing like a cannon.
    I'm not one to care what others think so I'm not overly concerned with a little printing. At least I don't see myself caring, that may change once I actually start carrying. My friends speak very highly of the SuperTuck so that's why I am considering it

(Jefferson County)

That's what I carry, XD-M in 40 S&W. I just got my Crossbreed for Christmas and like it a lot.

(Mercer County)

Get the Crossbreed and carry your xdm. It's a good combo.
    There's no such thing as a free lunch.

(Butler County)

I recommend Foxx holsters to anyone whose interested in a crossbreed style. I have 2 of them. One for my Glock 19, and the other for my Kahr CW9. For the price they're hard to beat. Quality is good in my opinion.

http://foxxholsters.onlybusiness.com...y-details.aspx

(Butler County)

In the winter, my EDC is the XD-45C, which is ever so slightly larger than your XDM. Lives in a sidearmor IWB.

For a few months, I carried a XD-9SC as my summer EDC in a sidearmor IWB. Went back to a Glock 26. This had nothing to do with the comfort of the firearm/holster combination.

I have a crossbreed supertuck with the furniture for both the XDs. I wear a good belt. I may be the only one, but I find it uncomfortable and reholstering to be way more effort than it needs to be. I think you either go all leather or all kydex, but combining the two made frankenstein. YMMV, of course.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast