Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Open carry walk

(Clarion County)

Default Open carry walk

I am trying to organize an open carry walk in Clarion county just a simple walk down main st and back the other side. If I can get some help organizing this and get some guys to show up we may do some good in our local community. If there is enough support I would like to do Jefferson and Venango counties as well.
    I would also attempt to get the local media to cover the event. It would be great if we could do this with evil rifles.This could be some good publicity for gun owners.

Are there any volunteers to help out?
    An enemy of liberty is no friend of mine!I do not owe respect to anyone who would enslave me by government force,nor is it wise for such a person to expect it!
    Isaiah Ambrey
    If you think you have the right not to be offended. I suggest you promptly purchase a toe attachment and a twelve gauge. One time use is all that is necessary.

(Clarion County)

Default Re: Open carry walk

Come on people. We need some help. So far we have a handful of men and women that will do this.
    This is a lot easier than "from my cold dead hands".
    An enemy of liberty is no friend of mine!I do not owe respect to anyone who would enslave me by government force,nor is it wise for such a person to expect it!
    Isaiah Ambrey
    If you think you have the right not to be offended. I suggest you promptly purchase a toe attachment and a twelve gauge. One time use is all that is necessary.

(Montgomery County)

Let's see.

9 hours ago you post about wanting to walk down the street and 4 minutes ago you are complaining about needing more input.

Doesn't sound too organized...

How about tentative dates? Or we're you looking for this morning to do the walk?

What's your purpose? Are you protesting something?

Is this a walk down the street then back up the other to high five all participants at the end?

Are we at least meeting for breakfast/lunch/dinner so we can get to know our fellow PAFOA members?

Sheesh. Post something Monday night at 9:00 ish and complaining no one has joined forces to stroll down the street with you at 6:00 ish.

Sorry for raining on your parade, but I just don't get the gig. I am a proponent of OC and do so at my leisure/discretion. Just not sure what you are trying to accomplish here.

(Venango County)

We've always seemed to have good results with OC/CC dinners. It seems, other than range trips, the exercise thing seems taboo, lol.

But to be honest, purpose would be 90% of the problem. You still might want to have a meet/eat at a local diner/pub as well at the end of the walk. There seems to be no pressing problem in Clarion or is there? I will assume this is a general OC info concept in light of all the anti-gun clamor. If so, then state that as the reason.

I had organized two dinners near Franklin a couple of years ago and we got around 8 or 9 or so to come out (NW PA). It was a nice time.
    It is you. You have all the weapons that you need. Now fight. --Sucker Punch

(Clarion County)

Quote Originally Posted by TaePo View Post
    We've always seemed to have good results with OC/CC dinners. It seems, other than range trips, the exercise thing seems taboo, lol.

But to be honest, purpose would be 90% of the problem. You still might want to have a meet/eat at a local diner/pub as well at the end of the walk. There seems to be no pressing problem in Clarion or is there? I will assume this is a general OC info concept in light of all the anti-gun clamor. If so, then state that as the reason.

I had organized two dinners near Franklin a couple of years ago and we got around 8 or 9 or so to come out (NW PA). It was a nice time.
    This is exactly the kind of input I am looking for.
    I guess ill explain a little more.

My purpose is two fold.

1. I firmly believe you can not fix anything on a state or national level until you have the local govt in order.
    2.I simply want to show that there are people everywhere with guns and even evil black guns that are nice harmless people.

If I seem unorganized,it is because I am. I'm looking for suggestions and help. I love the idea of a meet and great or range trip,high five or anything. But I believe it is important to make a showing ,out and about, especially in front of the courthouse.

If I seem impatient,I am. The second amendment has never been under such blatant attack in my lifetime. It does not seem that we have the luxury of patience. The politicians sure are in a hurry.
    It seems dates should be determined by willing participants not by myself alone. We all have obligations and responsibilities on an individual level. It seems to me the best bet would be to have those willing hash out the details so the most people possible could be involved.

Guys throw me a bone here, this exact same thing just went on in Erie the other day. Surely it does not seem far fetched.
    Isaiah Ambrey

(Lebanon County)

OK, so you got the general purpose. To spread awareness.

Now you need to pick a date, and a place to meet/start.

People will jump in and post that will/won't/can/can't come. Some will suggest a different date, or place. Eventually you will finalize the date and place.

Unfortunately I think it's a bit far for me, but there is a big rally going on in Harrisburg on January 23rd if you'd like to join us.
    If you don't know who your state legislators are go here:
    http://www.legis.state.pa.us/index.cfm
    put your zip plus 4 in the box in the upper right hand corner.

(Crawford County)

I'm up for a meet and greet/walk/dinner/whatever in Clarion. You're just at the outer edge of my range of affordable travel at this time. Start coming up with a day/date and possible activity.....
    "When I hit it, I expect it to fall the hell down and die!"

(Venango County)

I usually post in a normal thread as an announcement (because people don't always check the events announcement or event threads).

There is also a General Thread Group under Events section.

There you can enter a date for the planned event. You can have discussions of who is coming etc. But what is important is that date you enter will show at the bottom of the main page as an upcoming event.

You can make changes to the date to try to get the biggest turn out.

Check it out.

(Clarion County)

Ok I'm thinking tentatively Sunday the 27th. Around 11:00 am
    Isaiah Ambrey

(Venango County)

Are there any good eateries in Clarion?

I might come if my schedule is clear and I don't find a new job first, lol.
    My other problem is my main carry holster broke and I need to replace it, too.

ETA= When is the Superbowl, btw? Also, I noticed that 27JAN13 shows a Garand match in the events section. Could impact some attendees. I didn't look to see where the match is, though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast