Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: Emergency Preparedness interest?

Going Twice, anyone?
    -Citizens own guns, subjects don't.

(Beaver County)

Tagged for possible interest.
    Μολὼν λαβέ
    Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.

(Lancaster County)

i would be interested but i believe your about 4 hrs away from me so it might make it tough for me

I'm still trying to find your edited post with cost details. Did I miss something?

What are your qualifications in the topic areas that are not firearm related?

Thanks

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by MT1 View Post
    I'm still trying to find your edited post with cost details. Did I miss something?

What are your qualifications in the topic areas that are not firearm related?

Thanks
    Refer to the next page, which displays the edited, original post.

Quote Originally Posted by RIG4DIVE View Post
    Refer to the next page, which displays the edited, original post.
    OK, I've reread every post and am finding no great detail on qualifications and nothing about pricing.

There are numerous NRA certifications. Which do you have? What do your "450 hours of formal training" consist of? Eight hours (one day) per year of range qualification throughout 20+ years of military service?

What qualifies you to teach about FEMA, water storage, etc...?

I AM NOT TRYING TO BUST YOUR BALLS but if you want to sell your services you need to convince folks you're the real deal. In 37 days I will have completed 25 yrs in the military. This has led to numerous high speed training opportunities and multiple deployments. Without going into detail I can easily crunch numbers and try to convince the average person that I can train you on everything from milking a hummingbird to constructing an improvised mortor. But... it takes more than claiming a bunch of hours.

Again... not questioning your qualification but just offering advice that you need to back up the claims. If you want to start instructing you can't be shy. Start a website and provide details and references that can be easily verified. Once you've done that you will get some interest that will let you gauge the possible market.

Good luck.
    Last edited by MT1; January 26th, 2013 at 09:32 PM.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by MT1 View Post
    OK, I've reread every post and am finding no great detail on qualifications and nothing about pricing.

There are numerous NRA certifications. Which do you have? What do your "450 hours of formal training" consist of? Eight hours (one day) per year of range qualification throughout 20+ years of military service?

What qualifies you to teach about FEMA, water storage, etc...?

I AM NOT TRYING TO BUST YOUR BALLS but if you want to sell your services you need to convince folks you're the real deal. In 37 days I will have completed 25 yrs in the military. This has led to numerous high speed training oppoortunities and multiple deployments. Without going into detail I can easily crunch numbers and try to convince the average person that I can train you on everything from milking a hummingbird to constructing an improvised mortor. But... it takes more than claiming a bunch of hours.

Again... not questioning your qualification but just offering advice that you need to back up the claims. If you want to start instructing you can't be shy. Start a website and provide details and references that can be easily verified. Once you've done that you will get some interest that will let you gauge the possible market.

Good luck.

This^^
    And maybe when you ask people to pm you, consider the decency of a response. What a joker i for one am now confident that i wouldnt give the OP a nickel of my money. If he is so good at prepping he could have prepared a better pitch for selling his service. Or at least respond to my messages regarding the service HE OFFERED to us.
    When unholstering your sidearm it is customary to say: "Excuse me while i whip this out"

(Allegheny County)

Default Decision based upon overall feedback

I think some people may have misinterpreted the purpose of my initial post.

The intent of the post was purely to gauge interest in topics for a future block of instruction and sharing. It was not a sales pitch nor one designed to make money from people. I had stated the cost would be minimal, more specifically around $25.00 to cover facility use and training material.

It was purely a moral endeavor designed to share information with other good people of like mind. It has taken me many, many years of hard work and dedication to learn what works. Bringing together good people to share their collective experience had the potential for great benefit to all parties, as people who have interest generally have information and skills that contribute to the collective goal. Unfortunately, I have a very strong belief that many will need this information in the future, given decisions made in Washington, combined with the overall decline of societal values and the increased resultant threat.

Real preparation is a long road and there's always more to do. Based upon the overall feedback, interest and availability, I have made the decision to focus myself in other areas that are likely to contribute towards my personal goals.

Hopefully, at least broaching this topic will serve as a catalyst for preparation and the desire to acquire more information. I wish you all well and hope you'll take whatever steps you're comfortable with to take care of you and your loved ones.

Best Regards

+1 interest in Harrisburg (my residence; i'm willing to drive to Pittsburgh).

(Dauphin County)

Interested. I'm always interested in learning. I pick up alot of flyers that I can't afford to go to without stealing from my kids' college funds. Make it reasonable and within my travel area and I'm almost there.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast