Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Luzerne County)

Default School security firearms tax?

Most of us don't like paying any taxes, but we do anyway, and the politicitians just love to create more taxes. Most of us can agree that more secutity at our schools is a good idea. But how much will it cost and how do we pay for it? We already pay all sorts of taxes on firearms and ammo. Well, some of that can go to school security. Or, (the politicitions will love this) have an added tax on firearms for school security, and since politicitions don't like to see any tax money lost, they will think twice about the ban on firearms. It always seem to be about the money...

Default Re: School security firearms tax?

Instead of paying for armed guards, just let the teachers voluntarily carry concealed with their state permit or license. That option costs us nothing and provides the same result as armed guards.
    Practicing free speech outside of the designated free speech zones.

(Cumberland County)

I'd prefer armed teachers. Security anything costs lots of money especially armed security. If you wanted armed security then you should expect to pay more in taxes.

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by mongo View Post
    We already pay all sorts of taxes on firearms and ammo. Well, some of that can go to school security. Or, (the politicitions will love this) have an added tax on firearms for school security
    That way I get to pay even more fucking tax money to schools full of everyone's little genetic accidents? The ridiculous and illegal property taxes forced on us aren't enough? School taxes are complete bullshit, and volunteering something you buy to get a sin tax is worse than bullshit.

tl:dr = NO.
    It has to start someplace... It has to start sometime...
    What better place than here? What better time than now! - RAtM

(Schuylkill County)

Well my man^^^^^^^!!

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Kabloosh
    I'd prefer armed teachers. Security anything costs lots of money especially armed security. If you wanted armed security then you should expect to pay more in taxes.
    Where do the schools get the money to purchase the outrageous liability insurance costs? Either way our pockets would be lighter.

Posted from Pafoa.org App for Android

Quote Originally Posted by iheartdd View Post
    Where do the schools get the money to purchase the outrageous liability insurance costs? Either way our pockets would be lighter.

Posted from Pafoa.org App for Android
    I'm sure the insurance companies would find a way around the question of liability with an armed teacher. Maybe signing some sort of contract with any teacher that carries, that the school isn't liable for any action by the teacher when it involves the firearm. I'm no lawyer, but I would imagine it would be something like that. Besides, Utah has been implementing armed teachers for 12 years now. I haven't heard of any problems from that so far. Have you?
    Practicing free speech outside of the designated free speech zones.