Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Luzerne County)

Default A place to target shoot

Looking for a place to shoot my handgun in the Wyoming valley. But not a public range like in suscon. Please let me know of any. Thanks

(Luzerne County)

Default Re: A place to target shoot

Not too much other than the Game Land ranges that you already mentioned in your other post. I always hear gunfire coming from the Pagnotti Park area of Duryea/Old Forge but I will not shoot there. I am not too keen on just shooting into a bunch of trees on land I don't own or otherwise have privilege to use. I have read on here about people who do use this area. I just use the Game Lands ranges.

(Luzerne County)

Thanks for the reply. Since you live in duryea I've heard that there is a place at the end of Stephenson street. Do you know of a place there?

(Luzerne County)

You might be referring to the old Airport Sand and Gravel pit. I havent been back there but there are posted signs. The boro closes the road at both ends every nite and weekends. My guess is this is due to a large amount of illegal dumping and other illicit activities, plus its an old quarry/mine road. Have talked to people who fish those ponds. The most I do back there is drive through occasionally. I think they still take soil and gravel from the operation to sell elsewhere. It is private land of some sort, push your luck at your own risk. The pagnotti park is further north from this operation. But you access off of Coxton Rd in Old Forge and follow signs for the park. Again, both spots are private land of some sort or another so its your risk. I have no idea how the owners, whoever they are, enforce their property rights. I prefer not to push my luck and just use the official Game Lands ranges. That said, just about every evening and most weekends regardless of the weather I hear gun fire from out that way sometimes well past dark.

I might be endangering myself at the ranges with all of the unsafe individuals, but would rather not have to try to talk myself out of a court date while trespassing with my firearms.