Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Good place to buy handguns

I moved out here 2 yrs ago from out of state, back home I had a guy I bought from that had 2nd business selling guns. Honest, fair priced and great guy to deal with.

Getting ready to buy a new Sig do you have any suggestions on where to buy? I dont not mind waiting for someone to order it. I have bought from TargetMaster and Claytons not the best experiance I have ever had.

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Good place to buy handguns

I never had a pleasant experience with the few times I've been to Clayton's.

Abington Gunshop and Delaware Valley Sports Center has friendly staff, but they prices are kind of high.

Tanners Sports Center is really my go to gun store. I know they typically have the lowest prices on firearms, and even better prices on their used stuff. It takes me 45 minutes to get there and its worth it every time. I have 6 gun shops that are within a 20 minute drive (Clayton's, Abington Gun, Delaware Valley, Classic Pistol, Surplus City and 'Mike and Kate's"), and yet I still go out to Tanners for firearms purchases, transfers, and just to browse since they have one of the larger selection of guns. Not as big as Claytons though , just with better service. Tanners has guns more aimed towards hunting guns, but they had a nice selection of popular "assault" rifles. Most gun stores are pretty bare at this moment due to the scare. Including pistols.
    Last edited by FJR86; January 6th, 2013 at 11:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dvw View Post
    ... Getting ready to buy a new Sig do you have any suggestions on where to buy? I dont not mind waiting for someone to order it. ....
    Assuming you meant a LGS, or FFL, I don't know why you got the negative rep...
    IANAL. I don't give legal advice. I'm only stating my OPINION.
    (Did I really need to say that on an Internet forum? LOL)

(Bucks County)

Tanners.

As FJR86 said, things are a little bare right now. I was in Surplus City the other day though, and they had a surprisingly good selection of new and used pistols considering the current environment.

(Cumberland County)

I'd guess its the d-bag trolls who keep pissing on everyone's ads in the classifieds. The OP posted a solid AR at current market prices, and people feel the need to neg. rep because they didnt prepare for this and want to buy his gun for $800...
    The Beauty of the 2nd Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by dvw View Post
    I moved out here 2 yrs ago from out of state, back home I had a guy I bought from that had 2nd business selling guns. Honest, fair priced and great guy to deal with.

Getting ready to buy a new Sig do you have any suggestions on where to buy? I dont not mind waiting for someone to order it. I have bought from TargetMaster and Claytons not the best experiance I have ever had.
    Are you in Conshohocken or somewhere in Bucks county?
    If you are Conshy, you can check Kings in King of Prussia or Insite in Norristown.
    Bucks county, I don't know.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by jachrist View Post
    I'd guess its the d-bag trolls who keep pissing on everyone's ads in the classifieds. The OP posted a solid AR at current market prices, and people feel the need to neg. rep because they didnt prepare for this and want to buy his gun for $800...
    I noticed the same thing and checked out dvw's posts. I just don't get it. I would bet the farm that those who neg. rep'd dvw WOULDN'T turn down a profit on something they own! It is a free country - you don't like the price - you move on. Like my daughter would say - oh well!
    "A free people ought to be armed." - George Washington (January 17th, 1790)
    Criminals obey "gun control" laws in the same manner politicians follow their oaths of office!
    ..: TO SERVE AND PROTECT! Positive Stories :..

(Northampton County)

Take the pilgrimage to Hamburg, PA right at the intersection of Route 61 and I 78 and stop in at Cabela's. They hands down have the best selection available and for the most part they are informative, and very helpful. I have bought here a couple of times and have been extremely happy.

Also, you will get a kick out of the rest of the store as well with the mountain, very large aquariums, and their general selection of just about everything outdoors.

Good luck!
    "Our government has no power except that granted it by the people."

President Ronald Reagan

(Delaware County)

If you are in Conshohocken, King's Shooting Supply is real close to you. Its a tiny little store, that is in a weird industrial section of King of Prussia, but with the new exit on I-76, its easy to get to now.

http://www.kingshooters.com/

Another one that is a somewhat close is French Creek Outfitters in Phoenixville. The store is like a mini Cabelas, with camping,hunting and tactical gear, a big gun store, and an indoor range. Its closer to you than Targetmaster, and the selection and staff is much better. I'm only 3 mile away from Targetmaster, and I drive the 30 or so miles to French Creek when I get the chance.

http://www.frenchcreekoutfitters.com/
    Last edited by theyoungone; January 7th, 2013 at 10:44 AM.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by bradjc72 View Post
    Take the pilgrimage to Hamburg, PA right at the intersection of Route 61 and I 78 and stop in at Cabela's. They hands down have the best selection available and for the most part they are informative, and very helpful. I have bought here a couple of times and have been extremely happy.

Also, you will get a kick out of the rest of the store as well with the mountain, very large aquariums, and their general selection of just about everything outdoors.

Good luck!
    I love going up to Cabelas. If you are from PA and you never been there you got to go at least once in your life. The only thing is sometime the gun counter gets mobbed and they have this "Take a Number" system. Right now with the Panic, I would not go up there if your sole purpose to was just to buy a gun.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast