Since the time of the Connecticut shootings, I have had time to frequent a few local gun stores simply to watch the pure carnage of how they are selling so called "Assault Weapons" dealers have been jacking up their prices and still selling 30-40 Assault Weapons daily, If an AWB does go through, this won't have much effect because everybody that wants one, will have it.
I strongly disagree with the AWB, believing instead that they should allow teachers to be properly trained and instructed on how to appropriately carry a firearm within a school system. Living where I do, the only reason we have assault weapons here is for shooting at the range or plinking.
If I had supreme rule over the United States, I would place all mental patients into according facilities, which in turn would create more jobs for "caretakers"
and would remove many of these people who may very well be purchasing firearms with intent on harm, from society, then, I would outfit any eligible person (meaningly no mental illnesses, 18-65 years of age) a weapon to keep in their homes, much as they do in Switzerland, i believe this would lower gun crimes and burglaries because now, everyone has a gun.