Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Don't call it gun control, says Democrats' point person on the issue

The Californian picked to lead congressional Democrats' efforts on gun control says the positions held by some gun rights advocates are unnecessarily divisive, and that government action should go beyond simply outlawing certain weapons.

"I think assault weapons are a pox on the home of every gun owner," Rep. Mike Thompson said Saturday on CNN. "I think that's the thing that's going to cause the overwhelming majority of people in this country who aren't gun owners to have negative feelings about those of us who are gun owners."

Thompson is a gun owner and hunter himself, as well as a member of and former leader of the Congressional Sportsmen's Caucus. Before his career in politics, Thompson was a staff sergeant in the Army. When noting his opposition to assault weapons, he recalls, "I carried one in Vietnam."

He is leading the Gun Violence Prevention Task Force, the group appointed by fellow Californian and House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi. In her words, the panel will work with President Barack Obama and others to "ban assault weapons and assault magazines."

Obama separately named a group led by Vice President Joe Biden and called for "meaningful action" to prevent future mass shootings.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...-on-the-issue/
    The USA is now a banana republic. Only without the bananas....or the Republic.

(Westmoreland County)

Default Re: Don't call it gun control, says Democrats' point person on the issue

Quote Originally Posted by ShooterInPA1 View Post
    "I think assault weapons are a pox on the home of every gun owner," Rep. Mike Thompson said Saturday on CNN. "I think that's the thing that's going to cause the overwhelming majority of people in this country who aren't gun owners to have negative feelings about those of us who are gun owners."
    They came for the Assault weapons, but I didn't have one so I did not care.

They came for the Saturday Night Specials but I didn't have one so I did not care.

They came from the Sniper Weapons but I didn't have one so I did not care.

They said that we needed Gun Licensing and since I never committed a crime I went and got mine.

One day they came to confiscate my hunting weapons but by then nobody else was left.

Default Re: Don't call it gun control, says Democrats' point person on the issue

Quote Originally Posted by GeneCC View Post
    They came for the Assault weapons, but I didn't have one so I did not care.

They came for the Saturday Night Specials but I didn't have one so I did not care.

They came from the Sniper Weapons but I didn't have one so I did not care.

They said that we needed Gun Licensing and since I never committed a crime I went and got mine.

One day they came to confiscate my hunting weapons but by then nobody else was left.
    I am disappointed in the gun owners who are not standing with AR's. To me, they are the enemy too.

(Susquehanna County)

The bullshit CNN site would not allow a comment! But the man is right, it is not "gun control". Nor is it JUSTICE or CHILD PROTECTION or VIOLENCE PREVENTION. But it is the BLATANT use of federal POWER to FORCE the SUBMISSION of INNOCENT citizens to the will of the government!

SO let us rename it! It is henceforth Citizen Control!

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities".

(Lebanon County)

Rep. Thompson is a fudd. Why doesn't he just say, "My guns are OK, yours are bad". He'll sing a different tune when the man comes after his "Sniper rifle". Oh yeah, wait. He is "The man".

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by nijwnfi View Post
    Rep. Thompson is a fudd. Why doesn't he just say, "My guns are OK, yours are bad". He'll sing a different tune when the man comes after his "Sniper rifle". Oh yeah, wait. He is "The man".
    Should get along with Nancy "THE BITCH" Pelosi just fine then... since she wants to take OUR rights away but has a concealed weapon permit in Kalifornication...

If it looks like shit, smells like shit and feels like shit it is probably SHIT...

Quote Originally Posted by schr8er2000 View Post
    Should get along with Nancy "THE BITCH" Pelosi just fine then... since she wants to take OUR rights away but has a concealed weapon permit in Kalifornication...

If it looks like shit, smells like shit and feels like shit it is probably SHIT...
    I think you mean Dianne Feinswine.

(Northampton County)

When noting his opposition to assault weapons, he recalls, "I carried one in Vietnam."
    They carried semi-automatic rifles defined only by how scary they look?
    Safety is a good tool for tyrants; no one can be against safety.

Μολὼν λαβέ

(Monroe County)

Only united behind the NRA do we have a chance to beat this.

When noting his opposition to assault weapons, he recalls, "I carried one in Vietnam."
    With all due respect to his service, but he must be the ultimate hypocrite, knowing that it is not the same class of weapon he carried in Vietnam. Either that or fantastically dense and ignorant about current gun laws.

Edit: I need to read all the comments, sorry imperialism 2024.