Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default I finally got to check out the SR1911

Target World has one - it's not for sale and they stopped taking orders because the list is already absurdly long. Was told they only got one in since last July. I got to play around with it for a little while. Let me just say - an embarrassing bulge developed in my pants. It looks and feels awesome. Oh well, maybe in a few years I can get one.

(Luzerne County)

Default Re: I finally got to check out the SR1911

If you don't mind me asking, what was the price? No one in my area seems to have one except Gander Mtn and that was marked at $799. I know that is not the best deal available. I have yet to see one in stock on Gallery of Guns or Buds so I have no idea of a fair street price.

The SR seems to be one of the nicer entry/mid range 1911's out there if you can find one. It also has the matte stainless finish and hammer and trigger aesthetics I have been looking for.

(Bucks County)

They "were" taking orders for what I believe was what they had the one in the case tagged as - $649. I saw that and after fondling it I was like - man that's a lot of gun for the money. Grips are very nice too.

(Luzerne County)

I was on the list a while back at Advanced Arms in Pittston, PA and I passed up on it when Chris got a few in stock. The timing didn't work out as I just bought and AR and an AK previous to them calling me about the 1911 and the cash flow was gone with nothing I wanted to trade.

I would agree after handling it is nice. He was asking $650 for his as well. He has great pricing and isn't gouging people.

I am not a 1911 guru and I just bought my first one. A found a SW1911PD Commander size used in his shop. It seemed like a great deal at $629 and was hardly used.

I think Chris is still taking orders for the Ruger.

(Northumberland County)

Ruger makes great guns, SR1911 barrel and slide are machined from the same bar stock on the same machine for added reliability.

(Bucks County)

I believe Ruger has a lifetime warranty on this 1911. I still have money ear-marked for a Springfield TRP but this Ruger had that "second kind of cool" to it. I don't know what it is about it and I've had a lot of 1911's in my hand - it just rocks.

Quote Originally Posted by galvanni View Post
    I believe Ruger has a lifetime warranty on this 1911. I still have money ear-marked for a Springfield TRP but this Ruger had that "second kind of cool" to it. I don't know what it is about it and I've had a lot of 1911's in my hand - it just rocks.
    I deleted my post so I could defer to this: http://www.1911addicts.com/showthrea...u-1911-addicts...
    Last edited by harold63; January 7th, 2013 at 09:35 AM.
    BCM and Glock...for a bigger pile of 'cold dead hands' brass.

Looking at the SR1911 makes me wish I put aside money in a dedicated gun fund since I was old enough to do so. Unfortunately, I just got serious about guns a few years ago, and that dedicated fund..... Well let's just say it's off to a rocky start. Don't mind me, just the sad ramblings of a post-college student in repayment of loans that coulda-woulda-shoulda been an amazing gun collection instead. Haha. Advice to my future children: skip college, save for guns.

(Allegheny County)

I've wanted to fondle one for some time, but no one ever has them in stock. Guess that says something about how they're selling.

(Monroe County)

I picked one up last summer, and am quite happy with it. If anyone wants to give one a try in the Poconos, drop me a note and I will try and meet up with you at Pocono Pistol.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast