Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Taurus Firearms repair service

I sent my Taurus PT-140 pistol to Taurus in Hialeah(Miami) Florida for repair on the 11th of December. The problem is that the .40 S&W caliber Mellennium Pro that I purchased new was shooting low. About 3 too 4 inches low at 20 to 25 yards even when another experienced shooter fired it from a rest. I confirmed that Taurus had received the gun on the 18th of December and was told that it would be 4 to 6 weeks to do the repair which was just about what I had expected. I bookmarked the Taurus waranty repair status page on my computer and as of today(the 6th of January) it still has not gone past the "firearm arrived waiting for repair" status. Has anyone had any experience with Taurus as far as repair service? Is the six week turn around and accurate estimate? In general is Taurus repair service good, bad or some where in between?

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Taurus Firearms repair service

From what i hear about Taurus customer service is nothing but bad things...id expect a 10+ week wait period

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by okieco View Post
    The problem is that the .40 S&W caliber Mellennium Pro that I purchased new was shooting low. About 3 too 4 inches low at 20 to 25 yards even when another experienced shooter fired it from a rest.

That's it? Maybe you expected these guns to be tack-drivers, but they're not. They are a small, concealable, ergonomic pocket gun for cheap...that's all. Not real range guns. I would've moved up to 7-10 yards and seen where they land.

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by Sparxfly72 View Post
    That's it? Maybe you expected these guns to be tack-drivers, but they're not. They are a small, concealable, ergonomic pocket gun for cheap...that's all. Not real range guns. I would've moved up to 7-10 yards and seen where they land.
    ^^This^^, you want a target gun, you buy a target gun, you want a SD/carry gun, you buy a SD/carry gun, i have a S&W Chiefs Special that can reach out and hit a top from a 55 gal. drum at 100yds, 3 out of 5 rounds, but put a full size torso target at 7 yds. and all 5 rounds land center mass in a 6 in. circle, having the right tool, for the right job, makes doing the job so much easier.
    Government 99 and 44/100 % pure bullshit.

(Montgomery County)

Don't expect their web site to have any sort of accurate information unless it's changed a lot since I had my PT1911. The web status never changed on mine. The only way to find out what was going on was to call, and even doing that often didn't yield anything useful.

(Luzerne County)

Considering that there has been two holidays since the gun Was sent in I would not be surprised that it might take longer then expected.
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by okieco View Post
    I sent my Taurus PT-140 pistol to Taurus in Hialeah(Miami) Florida for repair on the 11th of December. The problem is that the .40 S&W caliber Mellennium Pro that I purchased new was shooting low. About 3 too 4 inches low at 20 to 25 yards even when another experienced shooter fired it from a rest. I confirmed that Taurus had received the gun on the 18th of December and was told that it would be 4 to 6 weeks to do the repair which was just about what I had expected. I bookmarked the Taurus waranty repair status page on my computer and as of today(the 6th of January) it still has not gone past the "firearm arrived waiting for repair" status. Has anyone had any experience with Taurus as far as repair service? Is the six week turn around and accurate estimate? In general is Taurus repair service good, bad or some where in between?

3 or 4 inches low at 75 feet?? What's the big deal? Hold a tad higher. This is certainly not worth sending it back into Taurus. They are gonna test shoot the pistol and it will meet their specifications for accuracy. They're not going to do a thing to it and then ship it back to you.

If this was a $3,000 1911, then yes... but... Come on man...
    Μολὼν λάβε

(Lancaster County)

Due to three experiences I am certain that the day a gun comes in they put a date on it. Then EIGHT weeks later they open it, do what needs to be done and pack it back up for return. I agree with the previous poster though that in your case you are just letting Taurus hold your property for a few months. I doubt they'll do a thing. Let us know and good luck.

(Allegheny County)

Having dealt with Taurus, Remington, Beretta, S&W repair services, they are all pretty good generally. Taurus usually is no nonsense and they'll fix your issue, but if the gun has to go to Brazil it takes a while. They will test fire, adjust sights and test fire again if POA is really off, even on a small carry gun.

Your best bet with a Taurus is to not buy one, imho. They aren't really worth the savings versus Ruger, S&W, Springfield, etc. Good luck!

Most gun companies won't pay for shipping even under warranty, but that's another story...

I sent a Taurus in, the website wasn't updated beyond "received" until about 1 day before I got a call from FedEx telling me I had a package waiting.

It was about 3 weeks turnaround, including shipping, for me (~2 yrs ago).

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast