Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Monroe County)

Default Re: Just Out-Washington Post-Biden Committee-Gun Control-Comprehensive

Quote Originally Posted by vinlander View Post

Also, why are "hunters" mentioned specifically?
    Quote Originally Posted by GeneCC View Post
    Divide and Conquer?
    Because a LOT of hunters only care about hunting. They do not care about carrying for self defense or sport shooting.

To emphasize the point, I've actually seen many hunters turn on owners of self-defense firearms, because "Dem dare AR-15s is gonna get mah huntin' rifle banned!"
    Slaves don't own arms; free men do.

(Bucks County)

Murder is illegal ...why is it still happening?
    Last edited by mikelets456; January 6th, 2013 at 06:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DreadPirateMoyer View Post
    To emphasize the point, I've actually seen many hunters turn on owners of self-defense firearms, because "Dem dare AR-15s is gonna get mah huntin' rifle banned!"
    I guess "dem dare hunters arn't too brite" if they can't see that will be inevitable regardless and the only way to oppose it is strength in numbers.

I realize the problem and the tactic of divide and conquer, it just amazes me that people are not questioning it, which is why I made my original comment on why only hunters are invited to take part in the discussion.

Seeking expansive mandate
    In addition to potential legislative proposals, Biden’s group has expanded its focus to include measures that would not need congressional approval and could be quickly implemented by executive action
    Nuff said.

Quote Originally Posted by CHEMICAL View Post
    Because a LOT of hunters only care about hunting. They do not care about carrying for self defense or sport shooting.
    Many are very vocal in their support of banning our guns.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by hotpig27 View Post
    Many are very vocal in their support of banning our guns.
    I've got a pair of neighbors that are exactly like that, and former coworkers that were the same. Animal heads mounted all over the damn place and freezers stuffed to the gills with meat. Yet they're appalled at the idea of anyone carrying for self defense or of having any kind of semi-automatic weapon that isn't a shotgun.

Even had one of them tell me he got his LTCF because it was his right to have it, but he thought the idea of actually carrying a pistol for self defense was just crazy. I mean, who would do such a thing, right?

To these particular individuals the Second Amendment really is only about the few days a year they go out and stalk some game. The rest of us can rot so long as their favorite activity remains untouched.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12