Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Phila. area gun owners....

Today, Sunday, January 6, 2013, Steve Highsmith had Philadelphia Mayor Nutter on his Live @ Issue TV program, to discuss "Gun Violence." Nutter insists the 'gun violence' problems in Philly are due to high-capacity magazines, and assault weapons.' He also mentions the fact that Philadelphia can not enact, nor enforce, it's 'own' gun laws. This, Nutter claims, is the problem.

We all know Nutter is little more than a photo-OP guy, and he tows the Liberal/Statist line, like a good little toadie, so Mike basically repeated what every good Liberal/Statist is told to do. Mr. Highsmith gave no quarter to ANY opposing viewpoint (SOP for Mr. Highsmith!), however, he did throw a few statistics in for show. Gee, thanks, Steve!

In any case, if you saw the show, I ask that you go to Mr. Highsmith's blog, and post your comments. If you did not see the January 6, 2013, edition of Live @ Issue, then please check your listings for a rerun of the program. It may also be available for Internet viewing, so look for this too. I'm sure you can order a transcript, but I have yet to find a source.

Here is the link to Mr. Highsmith's blog:

http://stevehighsmith.wordpress.com/about/#comment-941

I have not been able to locate a direct e-mail address for Mr. Highsmith, only his blog. His Live @ Issue website still has dated material on it, so I found his blog is probably the most effective method to contact Mr. Highsmith.

It is important to inform Mr. Highsmith, and the local press and media, that we are tired of hearing the same old tired lies and misinformation about guns, and Pennsylvania's gun owners. If we sit by and watch, they will continue to label us as "Gun Nuts." They will continue to ask why "any sportsman needs an AR-15, AK-47, M-14, or any other semi-auto rifle or handgun." well, as we all know, the Second Amendment has NOTHING TO DO WITH SPORTSMEN, it has everything to do with self-defense and defense of the Republic.

Thanks for your time,

louie

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Phila. area gun owners....

He is a tool. Nothing good comes out of his mouth.

(Tioga County)

There is a reply to the blog post that contains his e-mail address.
    MikeP

(Philadelphia County)

This explains a lot. On the news this morning all they talked about was a guy who shot up a playground with an AR-15. First they said it was an AK. Then it was an AR. First he shot into the playground. Then he was inside the play ground shooting into the air. Then he was shooting at buildings. Then some one was taken to the hospital in critical condition. Then he was taken in stable condition. Then he was taken with a shoulder wound. Best part was the anchor was constantly saying how "This is the same gun used in Sandy Hook". If I had dollar everytime they said that and how many wrong facts they put out, I could support the NRA and GOA for life.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by RebelRaider5 View Post
    This explains a lot. On the news this morning all they talked about was a guy who shot up a playground with an AR-15. First they said it was an AK. Then it was an AR. First he shot into the playground. Then he was inside the play ground shooting into the air. Then he was shooting at buildings. Then some one was taken to the hospital in critical condition. Then he was taken in stable condition. Then he was taken with a shoulder wound. Best part was the anchor was constantly saying how "This is the same gun used in Sandy Hook". If I had dollar everytime they said that and how many wrong facts they put out, I could support the NRA and GOA for life.
    The incompetant mayor nutter, whose city justice system is a revolving door for criminals, has waited for a sandy hook kind of tragedy to exploit to the fullest. Funny, the stooge turned mayor didn't mention the fact that 70 percent of the violent crimes committed in phila. are commited by people that are either out on parole, probation, or bail for another violent crime. Yes, pass another law and add it to the 20,000 gun laws that criminals currently ignore.

His talking points, especially when he ridicules the NRA, does not validate his anti gun agenda. He is an embarassment to even most of those who attempt to make an argument against gun ownership. He brings nothing to the table of discussion except intellectual dishonesty. Irrelevant mayors like Nutter are the reason that large cities have become the laughing stock to the rest of the country.

(Philadelphia County)

Rep sent to you. Stuff like this news coverage and the Dem's policies make me want to drop everything and move out. No matter what happens Phillthy will always be a Dem city. Nutter could confess to abducting children to use in a satanic sacrifice that the whole city council participates in. There would still be people who vote for them. I used to work the polls in 19124, and The idiots I saw me feel bad to be an American and ashamed of our voting process. Aside from TV adds they do no research and 90% of the time they vote straight down. Worst thing I ever saw was in '08 a 26 year old came in with his mom to vote. His mom votes then says to me "This is his first time, can I go in with him?". I tell her no only a one of us can go in. I take him in and before I finish telling him what to do, he votes for Obama. Just him, No one else on the ballot, and walks out. WTF! Bad enough your 26 and your voting for the first time in your life, but you don't even read anything else on there. He looked depressed too. Like he didn't see a point to all this. Stuff like this is why I can't respond when the Old guys talk sh!t on my generation.

(Philadelphia County)

I wasn't aware people were allowed to be in the booth with a person when they voted. I mean all the instructions are there, its pretty much read and push.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by phillysteve View Post
    I wasn't aware people were allowed to be in the booth with a person when they voted. I mean all the instructions are there, its pretty much read and push.
    There's you mistake right there.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by phillysteve View Post
    If you work at the polls you can go in to show some one what to do, Then you have to leave and close the curtain. The guy just voted when I was in mid sentence, and left with his mom.

*The only time someone is permitted inside the booth with someone closed curtain, Is if the person is visually impaired and cant see or there in a wheel chair and can't reach. Then one of us are legally allowed to step in. If they do have some vision we have a head set that can be set up with prompts.
    Last edited by RebelRaider5; January 15th, 2013 at 07:33 AM.

(Chester County)

So how many crimes were committed with what you call "assualt weapons" Mayor Nutter? I bet none or at least, very, very few, and the ones that are committed in crime are stolen and held and used illegally.

Most of the crimes are committed by your constituents sons between the ages of 13 - 30 woh use any gun they can steal, buy or obtain illegally, then live a life of drugs and crime often preying in the innocent for money, and killing each other on the streets driving up "child" gun death statistics artificially.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast