Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    (Beaver County)

Default Re: PT 1911 safety problem

Quote Originally Posted by Steeltown View Post
    That is the second time I saw those grips on the black PT-1911 and they make the gun look AWESOME! Is there any grips you know of that would compliment the stainless PT as well? Now I'm kinda pissed I didn't get the black one. LOL
    I don't know, I think they look pretty good on the stainless as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Go2fish View Post
    I have this same pistol and the ambi safety on the left side of the gun (holding the gun, just popped out after about 10 rounds. I want to replace the ambi, hammer and and slide release as you state should be done. What brand of part can I purchase to replace these parts? Do you know a web site I can order the parts from? Cost?
    Go2fish
    I bought a Fusion safety off of Ebay for $30 and fitted it myself. I don't think they sell on Ebay anymore, but I do think they are on Gunbroker.

(Lawrence County)

I shot Koli's PT 1911 when I was thinking about getting one... I loved it. Very accurate, worked well... Then again, I just love the 1911 platform. But instead I bought the PSP Beretta... Now I'm getting rid of the Beretta... lol

-Chaz
    I like guns... And boobs...

(York County)

Smile Re: PT 1911 safety problem

Quote Originally Posted by bdevil73 View Post
    I don't know, I think they look pretty good on the stainless as well.

I bought a Fusion safety off of Ebay for $30 and fitted it myself. I don't think they sell on Ebay anymore, but I do think they are on Gunbroker.
    No doubt about it! They look great on the stainless as well. Thanks for the pic.

Quote Originally Posted by Lycanthrope View Post
    Every 1911 maker on earth can ship me the safety in pieces by mail....three days after I buy the gun......if they shave $100-$200 off the price. Taurus should just send me the whole gun ....loose.....in a plastic bag for $400.

I QC all my own guns, anyhow.

LycanI'dbuyitthrope
    Shyda's has them in stock for like $449.99 I think after rebate,

tdwhywaityoung58
    Honesta Mors Turpi Vita Potior ~ 3%

(York County)

I know this is an old posting, but wanted to add my +1 to having the same issues. I have 4 other 1911's too so I know a tiny bit about them. 3 Kimber 1911's, a Custom II, Pro Carry II and a Kimber Rimfire. I also have a Rock Island Armory standard Gov't model style pistol bought used for $300. The RIA had wrap around rubber grips, originals in the box. It'd jam every 4 or 5th round. Company was nice, sent a new slide stop after highspeed (60fps) video showed the stop bouncing up to catch, but it was instead a putrid looking plunger tube spring at fault. 3 pack of Wolff replacements was $15. A friend offered me the Kimber Pro Carry II after it had a similar issue and he'd read some of the same "got to be a smithy to own one" type of things that were said here. $500 and one of the remaining slide stop springs from my Wolff pack of 3 and it sings along. Bought the Taurus cause I wanted a stainless model, it was competitive to some of the others price-wise and so I bit. Safety was really crappy so I sent it back. Crappy as in it wouldn't operate! The returned pistol only worked slightly better. Then one afternoon wearing it as my 'walk around' pistol on the farm I pulled it from the holster to shoot it only to have the safety stuck again in the 1/2 on - 1/2 off position! This time however, the left side (right-handed shooters) safety had eased out and the plunger tip that presses on the safety had departed. It's sat in the safe for several years in this state. I mailed it back yesterday. I will be doing some of the 'tips' suggested, single side safety, new hammer without "stupid people" lock and possibly some nice new grips to replace the black plastic ones... provided it passes the 300 round 'does it work' test I do with every firearm I carry or compete with.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567