Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Meet the FN FNX 9mm: Video Intro, Review and Demo

I picked up a FN FNX 9mm to keep my FNX .45 company, and put four hundred rounds through it out the gun club recently. Great shooter. I'm very impressed with the build quality. Here is my video introduction, review and demo of the pistol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tGswmgkJKM

(Luzerne County)

Default Re: Meet the FN FNX 9mm: Video Intro, Review and Demo

Nice video.

I had an FNX in .40 S&W for a time. Excellent ergonomics, 100% reliable right out of the box, and a price that is just about unbeatable for a quality pistol.
    Steve: NJ State Trooper #3936 (retired), NRA LE Firearms Instructor

(Franklin County)

I've had mine for a while now... Probably a year or 2.

Very nice pistol, great quality for the price... I love the single action/double action trigger. 600 rounds through mine without a single hiccup.

(Montgomery County)

Been looking to get one in 45 for a while now. nice gun

(Philadelphia County)

Nice video review.

I rented one while I was looking for another pistol and I really liked its ergos and especially the accuracy in single action, but I agree with you about the DA trigger pull. I still am not a fan of any DA/SA transition.

Quote Originally Posted by ockins View Post
    Nice video review.

I rented one while I was looking for another pistol and I really liked its ergos and especially the accuracy in single action, but I agree with you about the DA trigger pull. I still am not a fan of any DA/SA transition.

I'm definitely still trying to figure out if I like the whole DA thing. Coming from the Glock platform, the DA is probably not as a big a deal, for I'm used to a pistol that goes "bang" on the first trigger pull, but definitely gets some getting used to.

I do think however I prefer hammer fired triggers in semi-autos, over striker fired.

(Bucks County)

I got one of the first ones Tanner's got in when they first came out. Love it - absolutely love it. Great looking in bi-tone.

Quote Originally Posted by Amsdorf View Post
    I'm definitely still trying to figure out if I like the whole DA thing. Coming from the Glock platform, the DA is probably not as a big a deal, for I'm used to a pistol that goes "bang" on the first trigger pull, but definitely gets some getting used to.

I do think however I prefer hammer fired triggers in semi-autos, over striker fired.

I think the reason I like the DA/SA thing is because I have had a lot of experience with Glocks. I like the immediate "on" that the DA offers, without as much risk of a ND due to the very heavy weight of the DA pull.

Here in St. Louis, our policemen have Beretta M9s that are DA only! If you can imagine that. Wow.
    Life/Patron member of NRA

While I agree that there is more inherent safety with a DA trigger for the first shot, I'm still not a big fan of the DA/SA semi autos. I've owned and carried my sig p229 for almost two years now. In that time I've done a lot of practicing with draw and fire drills. It is still hard for me put two rounds on target accurately and quickly going from the DA to the SA on the gun. Either I pull the DA shot far down and to the left and the SA shot is on target or the DA shot is on target and the SA misses by more than I feel comfortable with. If I only shoot DA or only shoot SA I'm fine. It's the transition between them that messes me up. Maybe the transition on my particular sig is the problem. Mine has the short reset trigger so I have to go from pulling a 10 pound DA trigger all the way from Mississippi here to PA (but seriously, that is one very long trigger pull), then get ready to shoot an SA with an amazingly short and crisp reset. Maybe the transition on the FN pistol is better. I haven't shot one so I can't say.
    Practicing free speech outside of the designated free speech zones.