Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Ridge & Valley Rod and Gun Club members-2013

To join or re-up, monthly club meeting is the 3rd Wednesday of every month at 8:00PM. Trap Shooting is held every Monday from 1 to 9 pm, members and non-members are welcome to join us at this time: $4.00 a round, includes 25 clay birds Bring your shotgun and shells. Appropriate shells are low brass/target load or light game load in number 7 ½ or 8 shot.
    Website is http://ridgeandvalley.net/
    IMO, this club is the best bang for your buck within 20 mile radius. Nice folk, clean ranges including a pretty decent handgun range with steel knockdowns and bowling pins.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Ridge & Valley Rod and Gun Club members-2013

Delete Post

(Bucks County)

Bad day at R&V today. So my son and I decide we will go to the range today. We get there a little before 11am and see about 4 ppl at the rifle range. That's fine, we'll go down to the pistol range. WRONG! The police have it blocked off and are down there using it. Was there anything on the website? NO. Was there anything posted at the sign-in booth? NO. I guess they're mooching of the ranges has now escalated to zero notification and whenever they feel like it. I was extremely pissed off. It's bad enough when they DO have the ranges reserved for certain days and they sit there and bs most of the time, now it is getting ridiculous.
    So, we go over to the rifle range and luckily had a 22lr rifle to shoot, so we did. About 45min later, the moochers all pulled up from the pistol range and left. We finished up at the rifle range, packed up and headed down. You would of thought it was Saturday afternoon so many ppl showed up down there. Asses to elbows on a Wednesday afternoon. We shot some, took turns with the others, and a little while later, we were alone again. GREAT! Shot about 2 dozen rounds then the rain started. All I can say is "FUCKING COPS!"

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Sparxfly72 View Post
    Bad day at R&V today. So my son and I decide we will go to the range today. We get there a little before 11am and see about 4 ppl at the rifle range. That's fine, we'll go down to the pistol range. WRONG! The police have it blocked off and are down there using it. Was there anything on the website? NO. Was there anything posted at the sign-in booth? NO. I guess they're mooching of the ranges has now escalated to zero notification and whenever they feel like it. I was extremely pissed off. It's bad enough when they DO have the ranges reserved for certain days and they sit there and bs most of the time, now it is getting ridiculous.
    So, we go over to the rifle range and luckily had a 22lr rifle to shoot, so we did. About 45min later, the moochers all pulled up from the pistol range and left. We finished up at the rifle range, packed up and headed down. You would of thought it was Saturday afternoon so many ppl showed up down there. Asses to elbows on a Wednesday afternoon. We shot some, took turns with the others, and a little while later, we were alone again. GREAT! Shot about 2 dozen rounds then the rain started. All I can say is "FUCKING COPS!"
    Ya, ive been down there after they have been done and it looks like a masaccare of the backboards...yet they do not pay for dues?

There is a couple things that are starting to irk me about RVG but really need to shut up and make it out to more meetings and voice my concern..

especially all the influx of new members things are getting a little out of control...i think RVRG needs to take up a sponsorship program to join the range nowadays...

I was at the pistol range last weekend and left in 10 mins because i felt unsafe next to all the noobs down there with me...even my girlfriend was like wtf

(Bucks County)

Not only do they not pick up their brass, shoot up the backer boards, but they put the right bench way off into the weeds for their "drills" and left without putting the bench back. WTF? I'm sick of these douchebags and will be at the next meeting to voice my displeasure.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Sparxfly72 View Post
    Not only do they not pick up their brass, shoot up the backer boards, but they put the right bench way off into the weeds for their "drills" and left without putting the bench back. WTF? I'm sick of these douchebags and will be at the next meeting to voice my displeasure.
    Ya i plan on being at the next meeting to start expressing concern in the free will of members allowed to join....its time to start tightening that up we have a ton of members...dues have gone up with the addtional guest pass...

Its time to not start allowing anyone to join without recommendation just to gain revenue and get club numbers up

Seriously should have seen the people next to me down at the pistol range

see your in q-town how old are you might know eachother?

(Bucks County)

Doubt it, your only a few yrs older than my oldest son, who was with me today.

(Bucks County)

Anyone know if they have an updated document for the guest pass fee? I usually have a conflict the night of the meetings and can't make them so I'd rather mail my renewal in.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by YoBuddy View Post
    Anyone know if they have an updated document for the guest pass fee? I usually have a conflict the night of the meetings and can't make them so I'd rather mail my renewal in.
    Not sure, I emailed christian hutter about this the other day and he said just drop by during the meetings or monday night trap shooting...

if you find out let me know

(Lehigh County)

The renewal is $40.00 and the new guest fee is an additional $20.00
    I have the last newsletter with me.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast