Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: Ridge & Valley Rod and Gun Club members-2013

Quote Originally Posted by spaideas View Post
    Quick, controlled semi-auto fire is fine. Nobody says anything about the ocassional mag dump, however, full auto and things that replicate full auto (slidefire stocks) are not allowed.

Rick
    Yep, never had an issue with controlled quick firing...as Rick stated any devices trying to replicate full auto is a no no or FA....id imagine you get a ear or two from members there if you were trying to bump fire your AK-47 from the hip too...(at least i would if i was there at the time, be respectful and people will respect you)

plus hitting the backer post will now get you banned from the club

Quote Originally Posted by Svickstc View Post
    Yep, never had an issue with controlled quick firing...as Rick stated any devices trying to replicate full auto is a no no or FA....id imagine you get a ear or two from members there if you were trying to bump fire your AK-47 from the hip too...(at least i would if i was there at the time, be respectful and people will respect you)

plus hitting the backer post will now get you banned from the club
    great....def will join ASAP...wish I had done so before than...both ranges I currently belong to have a rule of no rapid fire (one round every 2 secs)

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by glocke12 View Post
    great....def will join ASAP...wish I had done so before than...both ranges I currently belong to have a rule of no rapid fire (one round every 2 secs)
    R&V is a fantastic club, well worth the value, with members and a board that genuinely give a damn for the club.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by crlovel View Post
    R&V is a fantastic club, well worth the value, with members and a board that genuinely give a damn for the club.

I second this its a great club to join
    Have you called, faxed, or emailed your reps today!!!

(Lehigh County)

I'm thinking about joining R&V. I've been a member of Hellertown Sportman's Association in the past but let it run out. This place is a bit closer to me. What are the membership fees and policies? What do guests cost? I heard they were doing some range improvements which reminded me about this club. Can anyone confirm this?

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by WaltherGuy595 View Post
    I'm thinking about joining R&V. I've been a member of Hellertown Sportman's Association in the past but let it run out. This place is a bit closer to me. What are the membership fees and policies? What do guests cost? I heard they were doing some range improvements which reminded me about this club. Can anyone confirm this?
    i forget new member fees but its all on the website (fees have gone up over the past few years, but still dirt cheap compared to others)

For me being a non new member is 60 dollars including guest pass..

guest pass have changed as well..it use to be unlimited family members now its just 3 people at a time (but really anymore than that how are you truly being responsible for their actions)

range improvements include new backstops/backstop hangers (new metal poles, since the old ones were shot to shit (this will not get you banned shooting the poles)

Really great/small club...a bunch of jackasses here an there since their is no sponsorship program and they let anyone in without bakcground check etc...(I hope this changes soon, as ive heard talk it will, but yet to see results)...

the improvements that you probably "heard" of are the new ranges they have been trying to build for ~5 years now that run down the same lines PPL lines do, and PPL is not having it...its a battle but have not given up yet as far as i know (years later)....

at the very least they are trying to extend the 100 yd range to a 150 or so from what i heard

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by Svickstc View Post
    i forget new member fees but its all on the website (fees have gone up over the past few years, but still dirt cheap compared to others)

For me being a non new member is 60 dollars including guest pass..

guest pass have changed as well..it use to be unlimited family members now its just 3 people at a time (but really anymore than that how are you truly being responsible for their actions)

range improvements include new backstops/backstop hangers (new metal poles, since the old ones were shot to shit (this will not get you banned shooting the poles)

Really great/small club...a bunch of jackasses here an there since their is no sponsorship program and they let anyone in without bakcground check etc...(I hope this changes soon, as ive heard talk it will, but yet to see results)...

the improvements that you probably "heard" of are the new ranges they have been trying to build for ~5 years now that run down the same lines PPL lines do, and PPL is not having it...its a battle but have not given up yet as far as i know (years later)....

at the very least they are trying to extend the 100 yd range to a 150 or so from what i heard
    Accepting members without doing background checks? Yikes.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by WaltherGuy595 View Post
    Accepting members without doing background checks? Yikes.
    Yeah you're telling me, you literally fill out a slip and get your pass that day or at the next monthly meeting or in the mail...dont even need to speak with you in person...

I really hope this policy changes and fast, ive made my comments known to the board numerous times and each time i hear they are "working on this" but its been a few years since ive been a member now...

Only a few instances ive gone and left because i didnt feel comfortable shooting with some of the people at the pistol range, rifle range never had an issue as far as safety is concerned

However, it is a really nice, small, clean range with majority of the members active/retired service....im just giving you a full disclosure so to say, i dont mean to discourage you because it is a great club (ive belonged to a few)

(Lehigh County)

Good to know. I guess I'll get my membership shortly and avoid the knuckleheads if and when they come around. Thanks for the quick replies.

(Berks County)

Throwing in my two cents. I've been a member of several clubs, and none of them have required background checks. As you guys said, if jackasses are on the ranges, I pack up and leave. That's happened very few times over the years, though.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast