Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: What you値l see in the rebellion

Quote Originally Posted by IGPJAP View Post
    Don't worry, no one is this country will be enslaved in your lifetime or probably ever.
    I am in tax slavery every day, as my earnings are confiscated at the point of the IRS's guns, to pay for people to sit on their butt.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by hawk87 View Post
    I am in tax slavery every day, as my earnings are confiscated at the point of the IRS's guns, to pay for people to sit on their butt.
    It also pays for highways, defense, SS, Medicare, Veterans Benefits and Services, and a host of other things. What you are referring to is probably around 1% of your taxes. You could move to a place like Somalia where there are probably no federal taxes, just payments to the local warlord.

Learn more here.

http://www.wheredidmytaxdollarsgo.com/

(Lehigh County)

It also pays for highways, defense, SS, Medicare, Veterans Benefits and Services, and a host of other things. What you are referring to is probably around 1% of your taxes. You could move to a place like Somalia where there are probably no federal taxes, just payments to the local warlord.

Learn more here.

Seriously? "Learn more here"? You wouldn't happen to be a government plant, would you? I don't care if the money extorted from me goes to rescue orphaned dolphins or cure cancer. The fact that I have no choice makes me enslaved. Get it? If not...

Learn more here.

http://www.voluntaryist.com
    "These Romans are crazy!"

(Bucks County)

Learn more here.

Most of which are not in the delegated powers in Article One , Section Eight.

I prefer Obelix's link, thank you.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Obelix View Post
    Seriously? "Learn more here"? You wouldn't happen to be a government plant, would you? I don't care if the money extorted from me goes to rescue orphaned dolphins or cure cancer. The fact that I have no choice makes me enslaved. Get it? If not...

Learn more here.

http://www.voluntaryist.com
    Part of the cost of living in this country is that you have to pay taxes. Get it?

Allegheny County, Robinson Twnshp, Pennsylvania
    (Allegheny County)

Part of the cost of living in this country is that you have to pay taxes. Get it?
    Not exactly. There are a HECK of a lot of people that pay no taxes to the Federal government. Those people are often times directly benefiting from federal programs that they do not pay into as well, so please do not pretend that all Americans bear the burden of federal taxation, because that is simply not the case.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by hawk87 View Post
    Most of which are not in the delegated powers in Article One , Section Eight.

I prefer Obelix's link, thank you.
    Not delegated?? What on gods green earth are you talking about? It is in the FIRST sentence of the section.

The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes
    Looks like not delegated for sure!

The power of Congress to tax and spend has been settled law by the SCOTUS for over 80 years.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger P229 View Post
    Not exactly. There are a HECK of a lot of people that pay no taxes to the Federal government. Those people are often times directly benefiting from federal programs that they do not pay into as well, so please do not pretend that all Americans bear the burden of federal taxation, because that is simply not the case.
    That is not what was being discussed.

What you stated is due to how the tax code is written, NOT because of a supposed lack of Constitutional authority that Congress somehow has, as a previous post falsely claimed.

Allegheny County, Robinson Twnshp, Pennsylvania
    (Allegheny County)

That is not what was being discussed.

What you stated is due to how the tax code is written, NOT because of a supposed lack of Constitutional authority that Congress somehow has, as a previous post falsely claimed.
    Understood, but anger at paying federal taxes needs to be examined under the correct lens. The state of who does and who does not pay federal taxes is important in understand that anger, as much as where the taxes that are paid goes. Thats all I was trying to point out.

(Bucks County)

Not delegated?? What on gods green earth are you talking about? It is in the FIRST sentence of the section.

Looks like not delegated for sure!

The power of Congress to tax and spend has been settled law by the SCOTUS for over 80 years.

The spending part. Where is hundreds of billions of dollars a year in foreign aid for example? Medicare? Social Security?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast