Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: Share Deals on Guns Ammo Accessories Here

Quote Originally Posted by rckeystone View Post
    Hmmmm.... this could possibly be interesting. l
    Yeah a lot of times I'll see a 20% off sale!!!!And I find something I want for say $50... but shipping makes it not much of a deal if a deal at all..and you need to spend $99 or $150 what ever to get free shipping.. 3 people spending $50 each and you hit the free shipping.

Quote Originally Posted by JDA58 View Post
    I think you hit upon a great idea for a new thread!! the pool an order thread.. find someone or someones in your area that want to go in on an order and split shipping or get the free shipping..
    That has potential, as long as all parties take precautions. You don't want to put a grand worth of Quackenbush parts on your CC and have the guy who wanted them back out, nor do you want to give cash to a member you never met and have him disappear with the money.

Use your head, deal with the usual suspects and you could save some coin. But whenever money is changing hands, it will draw the occasional scammer. There are a few trolls and scammers with mental disorders who keep signing up here, and sometimes we ban them and sometimes we kind of watch with interest; so just because a guy signed up in 2012 doesn't make him legit. You know who the regulars are. And don't gamble the rent money.

Saw that happen on another gun board, but it was an old hand who collected a bunch of money and then he started making excuses. He was subsequently kicked off the boards and shunned, but the money was never made right.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    That has potential, as long as all parties take precautions. You don't want to put a grand worth of Quackenbush parts on your CC and have the guy who wanted them back out, nor do you want to give cash to a member you never met and have him disappear with the money.

Use your head, deal with the usual suspects and you could save some coin. But whenever money is changing hands, it will draw the occasional scammer. There are a few trolls and scammers with mental disorders who keep signing up here, and sometimes we ban them and sometimes we kind of watch with interest; so just because a guy signed up in 2012 doesn't make him legit. You know who the regulars are. And don't gamble the rent money.

Saw that happen on another gun board, but it was an old hand who collected a bunch of money and then he started making excuses. He was subsequently kicked off the boards and shunned, but the money was never made right.
    Its all good... I would only let Emptymag handle the money!!

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post

This thought crossed my mind also. For myself I'd only deal with members I know have been around here for a while and have a good reputation. Still doesn't guarantee I wouldn't get screwed, but diligence can help keep the odds down anyway.

(Allegheny County)

OK, so my truck broke down, and what you're saying is that I could potentially have the repairs paid for by collecting money from...
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    OK, so my truck broke down, and what you're saying is that I could potentially have the repairs paid for by collecting money from...
    Careful, you might find yourself doing community service next to Scruff!

(Allegheny County)

Holy crap.

Brownell's FREE SHIPPING over $49 with Code VB5 is BACK TODAY!

What the????

Maybe they heard me bitching. LOL

Glad I waited to get home before ordering the shirt by itself.
    I'll get the "short barrel rifle ammo" too now - unless it went back to regular price! LOL

Shirt link

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Holy crap.

Brownell's FREE SHIPPING over $49 with Code VB5 is BACK TODAY!

What the????

Maybe they heard me bitching. LOL

Glad I waited to get home before ordering the shirt by itself.
    I'll get the "short barrel rifle ammo" too now - unless it went back to regular price! LOL

Shirt link

Brownells changes their codes very often. They occasionally have free shipping no minimum... (Doesnt apply to Glock parts though which is annoying)

PickingPA Guest

Last edited by PickingPA; September 9th, 2019 at 10:53 PM.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by jthrelf View Post
    Brownells changes their codes very often. They occasionally have free shipping no minimum... (Doesnt apply to Glock parts though which is annoying)
    Yeah, I saw that when I was looking at something there a month ago and it was free, no-minimum shipping.
    A few days later, I learned I needed a hammer spring, Nope - no more free shipping.
    I just ordered the springs direct from Wolff instead and paid about a buck or two less than I would have elsewhere.

Page 1615 of 2598 FirstFirst ... 61511151515156516051611161216131614161516161617161816191625166517152115 ... LastLast