Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: Share Deals on Guns Ammo Accessories Here

Quote Originally Posted by danhr View Post
    I would agree with this

I have assembled numerous AR's.... and I would put Del-Ton pretty high on the bang for your buck list. I would rock a Delton before a PSA AR on any day of the week and twice on sunday.
    The only PSA stuff I use is their CHF premium stuff, and it may be the best bang for your buck.

Quote Originally Posted by arjohnson View Post
    The only PSA stuff I use is their CHF premium stuff, and it may be the best bang for your buck.
    I agree their premium CHF barreled uppers as well as the NIB triggers they offer are excellent when it comes to price, value, and performance I'm not sure they can be beat.

(Armstrong County)

Quote Originally Posted by arjohnson View Post
    the $400 delton kit I assembled a few months ago, came with an FN CHF barrel, fwiw

(Allegheny County)

I got an email deal for an ATI, plastic AR15 for $389. You guys want the linky?

LOL!
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

Question Re: Share Deals on Guns Ammo Accessories Here

Quote Originally Posted by IIIIIREPOIIIII View Post
    Ok, ok ,ok if we are talking about a starter AR cool buy one. My comment was kinda ment to be for serious AR owners. I have a few PSA/Anderson builds and the only thing they are used for is to train "friends" on how to paint and strip paint from AR's or how to quickly strip and fix AR's and they are used for other things like how to throw an AR, how to use an AR in a hand to hand situation, how to break windows with an AR, use an AR as a bong, ext,ext.
    People always ask me why i never smile.
    I TELL THEM IT'S BECAUSE MY CORPSE IS STILL BREATHING AND THEY DON'T FUCKING GET IT!

(Lackawanna County)

If the machining and material are to spec, what's the problem? It's not like they are building from a sand pattern mold and hand filing the excess off. This is like the "why do I need a forward assist" rants. It's all about what you use it for. As far as the forward assist, most people will never need a forward assist. However, the original purpose was for SOLDIERS, who have their weapon drug through the worse crap and need it to work. Try it some time. If your life depends on the weapon, you want everything to work.

I now return you to the "this AR sucks" discussion.

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. Voltaire.
    America must suffer until it reaches the point that Liberty is more important than Comforts.

(Philadelphia County)

Apologies if already posted but Delton also had a 16" Upper + Lower Parts Kit + Vortex Strikefire II for $442.

I'll freely admit they might not be top shelf but my Delton has been trouble free.

https://www.del-ton.com/Rifle_Kit_p/rkt100-sf.htm
    Last edited by Willie D; April 13th, 2017 at 11:14 AM. Reason: Price update

(Allegheny County)

the $400 delton kit I assembled a few months ago, came with an FN CHF barrel, fwiw
    Got a link? As far as I know Delton doesn't offer their guns with FN barrels.

(Washington County)

In America arms are free merchandise such that anyone who has the capital may make their houses into armories and their gardens into parks of artillery. - Ira Allen, 1796

Quote Originally Posted by qmcorps View Post
    If the machining and material are to spec, what's the problem? It's not like they are building from a sand pattern mold and hand filing the excess off. This is like the "why do I need a forward assist" rants. It's all about what you use it for. As far as the forward assist, most people will never need a forward assist. However, the original purpose was for SOLDIERS, who have their weapon drug through the worse crap and need it to work. Try it some time. If your life depends on the weapon, you want everything to work.

I now return you to the "this AR sucks" discussion.
    I've got no real stake in the AR game I've built or bought exactly what I want for my current and any future needs. That being said logically there has to be a difference in quality from today's $400.00 AR's and a $1000.00 + BCM, DD, or LMT. There is a spec for everything like the buffer tube, and spring and I would bet my bank account that a lot of parts aren't hitting that spec since they are solely being made for the commercial market. There's more likelyhood of getting a slightly out of spec barrel chamber due to over using a barrel reamer. Yes this can also happen to a Colt or FN but I'm going to say it's a lot less often.

There are plenty of manufacturers of all types firearms that calculate how often the average person may use a particular gun they make and the users likely lifetime round count. Those factors are put into the overall quality of some firearms because the likelihood of having to repair it under warranty is cheaper then manufacturing it better from the start even if they have to do it several times.

I have no objection to Del-ton or even ATI buy what you can afford and have fun and let the operators sort it out.

Page 1047 of 2594 FirstFirst ... 47547947997103710431044104510461047104810491050105110571097114715472047 ... LastLast