Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Re: Share Deals on Guns Ammo Accessories Here

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    4 pay was invented for men with PITA nosey wives. See honey I only spent $100.00 this month on ammo.
    time for a new wife.
    but this is plausible.
    There is no way to make it out alive...

(Cumberland County)

my bad - you are correct - I was referring to sportsmansguide. never dealt with Sportsmans Outdoor super store.

Quote Originally Posted by fallenleader View Post
    sure you don't got them confused with sportsmansguide? i know guide has a 4 pay, i've used them for ammo. no issues except many email ads. so much window shopping, so many things i cant afford but want.
    delicious 4-pay deals. you can have this $600 item for like $150/mo... well i can afford $150... but probably not for 4 months. lol. so tempting.

(Cumberland County)

I've used it, and I do layaways from Buds and Robertson's because there are no fees and when I spread it out over a few months I convince myself it's like not spending the money - lol. Also, what's so dumb about spreading out payment on a luxury/not needed purchase with no charges ?

Quote Originally Posted by sota View Post
    4-pay is a dumb idea. if you can't bank the funds yourself over those 4 months to pay for it outright, you got bigger problems.

Quote Originally Posted by cruzans View Post
    I've used it, and I do layaways from Buds and Robertson's because there are no fees and when I spread it out over a few months I convince myself it's like not spending the money - lol. Also, what's so dumb about spreading out payment on a luxury/not needed purchase with no charges ?
    the fact that many people will utilize it when they don't have money as opposed to when they do.
    same issue so many people have with credit cards. same issue many people had when getting approved for a mortgage, instead of looking at what they could afford, they took the max they were offered with little examination of their own abilities to pay.
    or then we get into issues like QVC, where they charge a premium price for something, take advantage of their audience demographic and ease of ordering, then pass it off as only 20 payments of $29.99 for that amazing new blender.

(Cumberland County)

Exactly, all depends on how and why you use it. Can't afford it, doesn't matter layaway, cash, whatever, you can't afford it. Buy too many firearms and spread it out a few months to make you feel better despite the fact you could have just bought it outright = my rationalization Because if I buy a $500 gun I'm spending $500. If I put 20% down and pay it off over 30-90 - it's not like spending money right. See, I feel better sometime. Funny thing is I always laugh at store layaways and have never used them, but another gun - sure thang.................

Quote Originally Posted by fallenleader View Post
    the fact that many people will utilize it when they don't have money as opposed to when they do.
    same issue so many people have with credit cards. same issue many people had when getting approved for a mortgage, instead of looking at what they could afford, they took the max they were offered with little examination of their own abilities to pay.
    or then we get into issues like QVC, where they charge a premium price for something, take advantage of their audience demographic and ease of ordering, then pass it off as only 20 payments of $29.99 for that amazing new blender.

(Lycoming County)

I know myself, I don't always have 5 or 6 hundred on me when I'm at LGS, but I usually have say $50 on me. I have a pretty good relationship with my LGS and that's all it usually takes to throw something on layaway for me. I don't generally take more than a month to pay stuff off, but doing it that way I've stumbled into some pretty good deals that I probably would have missed out on if I waited until I had cash in hand.

(Wyoming County)

"It seems that the Constitution is more or less guidelines than actual rules"
    My feedback: http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=305685

that's impressive.
    my cheapie build was $471.02 all total.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by ExFlyinguy View Post
    $498
    Considering that it has $55 (min) in extras that are typically NOT found on these "complete" rifles, that IS a good deal.

if you take off the MBUS rear sight and magazine you would be at $443.

If anyone posted an AR15 up for $443 people would be jumping up and down. That's getting damned close to $300 - for a trusted brand name rifle!
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

Page 1034 of 2598 FirstFirst ... 34534934984102410301031103210331034103510361037103810441084113415342034 ... LastLast