Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: Share Deals on Guns Ammo Accessories Here

AR15 QUESTION/OPINIONS:

As I have all the parts for an AR15 minus the upper, I started looking at COMPLETE uppers to see what's on the market.

I don't have the money to "build" my own using hand-picked parts of above average quality (I already have a few decent builds - a basic carbine is all I'm interested in), but I can probably swing a "basic", entry level upper. ALL I'm interested in is a basic M4 style with A2 front sight - it will have carbine hand guard and likely wear a carry handle for the rear sight. No-frills - no free float hand guards - just a basic carbine. I hope I've made that part clear enough. LOL.

Both PSA and Midway have complete uppers with BCG and charging handle for $220 with Free Shipping.

I was pondering the one PSA had (507819) that was MINUS BCG and CH for $160 and adding their Premium BCG for $60 to get one for the same price with a slightly better BCG, but it sold out. (I think I have a spare charging handle here too)

So, of the two, which one? If there are other options, I'm willing to entertain other brands, but I'm not sure what to trust at that price point.
    I lean more towards trusting a PSA built upper than a "Stoner" branded Midway upper, but I'm open to suggestions.
    The only real difference I see in the specs is the barrel twist rates...

PSA (777781) complete upper
    4150V Chrome Moly Steel Barrel, Nitride
    1:7" twist

AR Stoner Midway complete upper
    4140 Chrome Moly Steel
    1:9" twist
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Westmoreland County)

I've always had good luck with the PSA complete pistol uppers I've had.

https://wisearms.com/collections/ar-...rice-ascending

I've bought 3 upper kits from him so far. I'd buy more.
    Member: NJ "undocumented" Felons Club. NRA Life Member

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoli06 View Post
    I've always had good luck with the PSA complete pistol uppers I've had.
    Yeah, I have one carbine that uses a PSA complete upper - I don't hear much bad about PSA outside the "special" world of arfcom.

Quote Originally Posted by sota View Post
    https://wisearms.com/collections/ar-...rice-ascending

I've bought 3 upper kits from him so far. I'd buy more.
    Cool, thanks for the input. I forgot about that vendor. $5.95 flat rate shipping is always awesome.
    He doesn't have anything in the basic configuration I want though.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Warren County)

Quote Originally Posted by erichard View Post
    This is back in stock. Go via Activejunky cash back link and get an extra 8% off. Academy seems to be adding sales tax now for PA, FYI.

Basically 50-20 rebate -4 (from AJ cash back)=26 26+3 in tax=$29 29/1600=1.8¢/round shipped

Will we ever get cheaper than that for copper plated 22LR?
    I am almighty sick of .22 ammo that doesn't go bang.

I get good results from CCI, and that's about all. FEDERAL, Remington, Winchester...I get more misfires than I do with my centerfire handloads.

And yes, it's on a variety of guns, rifle and pistol ..
    Last edited by markshere2; November 20th, 2018 at 12:04 PM.
    American by BIRTH, Infidel by CHOICE

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Yeah, I have one carbine that uses a PSA complete upper - I don't hear much bad about PSA outside the "special" world of arfcom.

Cool, thanks for the input. I forgot about that vendor. $5.95 flat rate shipping is always awesome.
    He doesn't have anything in the basic configuration I want though.
    Yea, his are a step or two above the dirt cheap builds you can get at PSA. But then I did get...
    16 inch Stainless Steel .223 wylde 1-8 W/15" Keymod Upper W/UTG Red/Green Dot With BCG & Charging Handle
    for $355.99
    Member: NJ "undocumented" Felons Club. NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by markshere2 View Post

I get good results from CCI, and that's about all. FEDERAL, Remington, Winchester...I get more misfires than I do with my centerfield handloads.

And yes, it's on a variety of guns, rifle and pistol ..
    Don't really have that issue with including with bulk box golden bullets. I'd say two out of a hundred or so won't go bang the 1st time when using CCI quiets in my kids bolt guns but they always seem to go bang the 2nd time.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by markshere2 View Post

I get good results from CCI, and that's about all. FEDERAL, Remington, Winchester...I get more misfires than I do with my centerfield handholds. And yes, it's on a variety of guns, rifle and pistol ..
    I agree. I already loaded up with CCI. But for plinking, I can live with a few misfires. It's ammo for family newbies to use with little cost. If the Dems win in two years, 22LR could go scarce again, and it will be handy to have a store. For stockpiling with respect to some prolonged nasty event (WROL), 22LR is a very good one. I could imagine it being used as currency if things got very bad. Maybe one step better than gold.

Having watched the gun and ammo market for a few years, it seems that suppliers of guns and ammo produce in large runs leading to gluts and very low pricing at the bottom of the cycle. In between those low points, they seem to back off production (having been hurt by the glut). 22LR will be scarce again. Buy low sell high (and get CCI while it's low too, although at twice the cost/round).
    Last edited by erichard; November 19th, 2018 at 11:51 PM.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    AR15 QUESTION/OPINIONS:

As I have all the parts for an AR15 minus the upper, I started looking at COMPLETE uppers to see what's on the market.

I don't have the money to "build" my own using hand-picked parts of above average quality (I already have a few decent builds - a basic carbine is all I'm interested in), but I can probably swing a "basic", entry level upper. ALL I'm interested in is a basic M4 style with A2 front sight - it will have carbine hand guard and likely wear a carry handle for the rear sight. No-frills - no free float hand guards - just a basic carbine. I hope I've made that part clear enough. LOL.

Both PSA and Midway have complete uppers with BCG and charging handle for $220 with Free Shipping.

I was pondering the one PSA had (507819) that was MINUS BCG and CH for $160 and adding their Premium BCG for $60 to get one for the same price with a slightly better BCG, but it sold out. (I think I have a spare charging handle here too)

So, of the two, which one? If there are other options, I'm willing to entertain other brands, but I'm not sure what to trust at that price point.
    I lean more towards trusting a PSA built upper than a "Stoner" branded Midway upper, but I'm open to suggestions.
    The only real difference I see in the specs is the barrel twist rates...

PSA (777781) complete upper
    4150V Chrome Moly Steel Barrel, Nitride
    1:7" twist

AR Stoner Midway complete upper
    4140 Chrome Moly Steel
    1:9" twist
    For PSA try to stick to the nitride barrels as opposed to phosphate. They're generally the same price. If you need a milspec charging handle let me know I have an extra that I can send out.

(Lancaster County)

25% off all Grey Ghost Precision slides including assemblies at Aero Precision just add to cart.......bastards finally got me.

https://www.aeroprecisionusa.com/bra...4740d3a05b6db1

Page 1329 of 2594 FirstFirst ... 32982912291279131913251326132713281329133013311332133313391379142918292329 ... LastLast